Farms reduce water storage ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support

Palora -> Farms reduce water storage ? (6/6/2020 9:36:37 AM)

Rather than take the water from the storage they take the storage it self. Specifically it seems to be the same amount they need to function. Level 1 means 1000 water storage lost when an open farm is built.

Are they supposed to do that?

Vic -> RE: Farms reduce water storage ? (6/6/2020 10:41:24 AM)

There was a slight glitch in the mouse-over reporting in round 1, will be fixed next patch.

The Asset is not actually consuming storage points. The Asset will keep seem Water in reserve for the next turn production and that Water needs Storage too, hence not all Storage points are sent to SHQ.

Best wishes,
Vic

Palora -> RE: Farms reduce water storage ? (6/7/2020 7:48:29 AM)

That doesn't seem to be the issue I'm talking about.

My maximum water storage capacity gets reduced by the exact quantity of water required by a farm (1000 for open farms 200 for domes). After 3 farms at round 22, without building any storage facilities for water, my SHQ has 0* water and 0 maximum storage for water.

At the moment it does seem to be just a display bug, a 4th farm still gets water.

Unless you are saying that storage capacity is reserved in full to supply the farm the upcoming round. Which is fine but there should be some text explaining that somewhere easy to find. Moreover they still shouldn't be holding up all 1000 of the storage since my Agricultural Facility I are getting 400+ freely available water (which I'm guessing is from rain and lakes).

Vic -> RE: Farms reduce water storage ? (6/7/2020 8:47:59 AM)

quote:

Unless you are saying that storage capacity is reserved in full to supply the farm the upcoming round.

That is indeed the case. It should corresponds with the RESERVE column in the ITEMS tab in the bottom of the screen.

That being said I think you do have a point.

In beta-2 I am going to increase free Water storage points with the amount of "free" Water (rivers/rain/sea) the Zone receives.

This should alleviate the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this.

Best wishes,
Vic

Palora -> RE: Farms reduce water storage ? (6/7/2020 9:00:48 AM)

I see, and yes it does correspond to the Water Stock in the ITEMS, I was just having a hard time understanding what was happening. It was confusing me since I focus so much on the SHQ item panel, can't shake the idea that it provides all the information and the concept of "losing" storage capacity is new to me (I don't think I've encountered it in games before) . ^^

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI