British Platt Sudan HQ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

billrco -> British Platt Sudan HQ (6/6/2020 7:22:01 PM)

Having cleared the Italians from East Africa, I transported the Platt HQ to the Mediterranean (Greece) and found it is useless because it does not then support British units. What an unpleasant surprise, especially after spending the transport cost! Is there a rationale for this or is it a bug in the game?

Thanks,
Bil Cohn

Platoonist -> RE: British Platt Sudan HQ (6/6/2020 8:07:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: billrco

Having cleared the Italians from East Africa, I transported the Platt HQ to the Mediterranean (Greece) and found it is useless because it does not then support British units. What an unpleasant surprise, especially after spending the transport cost! Is there a rationale for this or is it a bug in the game?

I'm not positive, but it probably has to do with the fact that South Africa is a British minor and Platt is a South African General/HQ. In much the same way that Rumanian or Hungarian HQ units can't support German units as they are Axis minors. You could always bring South African units up to the Mediterranean for him to command.

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: British Platt Sudan HQ (6/6/2020 10:12:10 PM)

If I was a Brit, I wouldn't listen to Platt either. Okay, well, maybe, just depends on the situation :) I'm confident Minors don't boss Majors.

BillRunacre -> RE: British Platt Sudan HQ (6/8/2020 3:46:56 PM)

quote:

Thanks,
Bil Cohn

Sorry about the wasted MPPs. His role is just to provide some supply in the initial campaigns against Italy in East Africa.

billrco -> RE: British Platt Sudan HQ (6/10/2020 9:09:38 PM)

Thank you for the replies. Can the Platt HQ command Sudan units outside East Africa? BTW, I researched and it looks like he did a good job throughout his career.

On a related matter, is the Canadian HQ restricted to commanding Canadian units only?

Platoonist -> RE: British Platt Sudan HQ (6/10/2020 10:03:35 PM)

quote:

Thank you for the replies. Can the Platt HQ command Sudan units outside East Africa? BTW, I researched and it looks like he did a good job throughout his career.

On a related matter, is the Canadian HQ restricted to commanding Canadian units only?

Yes, and an Australian HQ like Blamey can only command Australian units.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI