Disintegrating Army (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

TheCrazyScot -> Disintegrating Army (6/7/2020 12:33:53 PM)

So I was besieging a city with some militia troops and a brigade of light infantry. The supply was a little shakey for some reason, but on most turns the units were in green supply, never dropping below yellow.

Then a few turns later I saw that my infantry brigade had taken a few minor hits despite the fact that combat hadn't happened, but I didn't really think much of it at the time. Then next turn they had completely fallen apart, with just the empty counters with a combat power of 0 left.

I was just wondered what could have caused this? I had plenty of food, supply didn't seem like an issue. Was it a bug? Or can other things cause armies to fall apart?

Jdane -> RE: Disintegrating Army (6/7/2020 1:54:57 PM)

I observed a similar phenomenon in one of my games. An independent battalion of artillery stationed in a newly conquered city with an infantry brigade was regularly losing 10 cannons and 10 trucks that I had to reinforce regularly, every 2 or 3 turns. I failed to identify the cause (I was suspecting supply issues or maybe some sort of sabotage but did not inquire much).

So I am curious as well.

Vic -> RE: Disintegrating Army (6/7/2020 2:26:24 PM)

Its most likely either:

-Hunger leading to starvation (check the Food consumed by the Unit in question)
-Troops being returned to SHQ because your set their Model Quality Setting to Obsolete
-Enemy action

Best wishes,
Vic

TheCrazyScot -> RE: Disintegrating Army (6/7/2020 4:33:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic
-Troops being returned to SHQ because your set their Model Quality Setting to Obsolete

I feel like an idiot, that was it. The troops did end up back at my SHQ.

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for producing such an amazing game! It's been a while since I sat down and played something that was this much of a learning experience.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI