Shadow Empire Version 1.02 is out! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Daniele -> Shadow Empire Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 12:10:18 PM)

Version 1.02 is now available with many improvements and fixes.

Unfortunately due to a glitch the auto-updater you need to manually grab this update by downloading the patch here or from My Page.

Version 1.02 Changelog

(*) will require a new game start to work fully

• Adjusted the interest of AI for building Hydroponics
• Fixed a less informative label on the unit counters after upgrade/downgrade Formation Type (Saros)
• AI improvements related to allocation of OHQs to Fronts
• AI improvements related to consistency of Front areas
• Fixed Model Statistics glitch that caused anti-inf % and AT % to get switched around. (Saros)
• Zone now keeps less reserves if it is for an Asset that is on reduced production or construction percentage (Shards)
• Fixed glitch with partial construction % set and actual progress of that construction
• Fixed glitch with automatic worker recruitment and asset in partial production
• Fixes Sound Volume slider
• Severely tuned the Difficulty for Major Diplomatic Stratagems, though there remain some impossible rolls if the AI Major in question is just not willing at all to accept *
• Fixed a glitch in the application of the Skill Bonus by Leader Feats
• Fixed a glitch with failed rolls on raising or lowering taxes & tariffs *
• AI will no longer give you Credits while at war *
• When constructing roads to a Hex just one Hex away from the start it will always go as “the bird flies”. In some rare cases this is useful.
• Unit movement now also goes as the “bird flies” if the distance is just 1 Hex. In some rare cases this is useful or even crucial to avoid likely surprise combat.
• Fixed a crash during a Compare Leader in the Leaders Popup
• Reduced the chance for a Decision to be communicated through Metrics by a factor of 10.
• Fixed 2 different rare crashes in the Stratagem Tab
• Made a minor fix in the usage of Commerce Bonus inside the inter Trade House trades.
• Fixed the inability to use Expel Diplomats to break final level of diplomatic contact level*.
• Increased initial Energy generation for Tech-5 start *
• Fixed the Jetpack OOB/TOE *
• Increased speed for 200% DPI setting enormously
• You can now no longer nationalize a Private Asset that is just in the process of being upgraded
• Fixed an AI crash!! (Carson)
• Fixed a crash with transfer of troops from one battlegroup to another, fully emptying the first one
(Saros)
• Fixed a glitch with the left side of the Staff Council task progress on operationalization of a new
OOB was wrong
• Fixed a glitch with the renaming of Models (* in some cases)
• Fixed a bug with Minors building up to many Units and at the same time causing very long AI
processing times (Che)
• Game now stops sound if you ALT-F4 / end-task
• Reduced the militia growth for some minors from killing freefolk and pop, especially if they have
units with low subunit count.
• Fixed glitch where a “non-City” regime would surrender after losing a city they conquered
(Slavers, nomads, etc...)
• Added a bit more Food for game starts with initial Armies present *
• Fixed a crash with Hex Perks on the 0,0 Hex
• “Recruit Talent” stratagem now actually ensure a younger Leader to be recruited *
• Fixed a crash during Combat setup with Ranged Fire
• Fixed a glitch with the Civilization Level dropping to zero
• Fixed faulty mouse-overs concerning maximum storage transfers to SHQ on round 1
• Improved the Mouse Overs with a tolerance mode of 20 pixels so you do not have to keep the
mouse perfectly still
• Added the generation of a planet generation save in your saved games directory. Which if you like
you could rename and share with others. Or use to restart a Planet you found interesting.
• Fixed an AI “leader ageing” crash (BvG)
• Better garbage cleaning of some detailed log reports (data thing behind the hood)
• Fixed a crash with a start turn crash (Chris)
• Fixed crash with Artifact being generated in a Scav Asset that got upgraded to a higher level at
the same time
• Fixed a crash with clicking on the Strat button in the bottom interface
• Increased free Water storage points with the amount of free Water (rivers/rain/sea) the Zone
receives.
• Fixed issue with Electric Engine not being selectable for new Models designing
• Non-aligned forces (alien critters/marauders) do NOT take the first turn anymore.
• If no-saving during game + passwords enabled in a multi-player game, you’ll get “possible” cheat
messages if a player replays his/her turn.
• Autocombat setting in prefs now saves properly
• Fixed another AI crash with a tortured AI regime
• Lifted the 2-player limit on the “Unclassified” Planet starts
• Improved history-view representation of friendly rebels attacking somewhere
• Improved history map by putting a selection graphic around the Hex where a history step is
actually happening.
• Fixed a crash related to disappeared Trader Houses
• Fixed a crash related to the resolving of a faulty Demand on taking a Hex that did not exist. Also
fixed such a demand being given in the first place.
• Some minor spelling and typo repairs
• Fixed overflow of att-def total list in combat setup popup
• Reduced the extremity of the costs for Rail through difficult landscapes (except high mountains).
Stays high, but at least it is possible to construct now if you save up.

GodwinW -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 12:16:27 PM)

Nice, thanks Vic, and Daniele! :)

diamondspider -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 12:37:48 PM)

Woot! Greatness.

lecrop -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 12:58:45 PM)

Great

Save compatibility?

Shards -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 1:04:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Great

Save compatibility?

Your saves will work.

Any of the listed fixes that end in an asterisk (*) will require a new game start to work fully

Thanks!

springel -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 1:38:32 PM)

Is there any reason to install this one when I am on 1.02.beta1 ?

Shards -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 2:04:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

Is there any reason to install this one when I am on 1.02.beta1 ?

This will fix up your game launcher so that you can check for updates from there rather than download them manually. If you're happy without that functionality, then staying on the beta is fine.

Destragon -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 2:30:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele
For this patch, the auto-updater doesn't seem to operate rightly, so you'll need to download the update directly from here or through your "My Page".

Am I missing something here or is this a HUGE problem? It won't affect new players, but I imagine there are a ton of players now who are not going to receive these important crash fixes, because they don't know that this update even exists.
If people don't realise that this update exists, how are they going to get their auto-updater fixed?
I know at least 3 people who bought SE and who don't browse the Matrix forum at all. If I wouldn't go around and message them to manually update, wouldn't they just be screwed?

I hope you're at least sending emails to people who own the game to tell them about this situation.
Hey Vic, if you're reading this, I think maybe you should post about this on your blog, since the blog posts are apparently displayed in the game launcher.
Edit: Whoops, it's not Vic's blog that gets displayed, it's the Matrix news blog.

geforth -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 3:47:11 PM)

Hm, I had no problems with the auto-updater [:)] Everything was working [sm=tank2-39.gif] [:D]

thanks for your work vic and Daniele [:)]

springel -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 4:08:13 PM)

My 1.01.00 game menu did mention the new version on the news panel, with a link to the Matrix site. It did not offer any option to update from the menu, while version 1.02.00 did offer a 'Check for Updates' button.

geforth -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 4:16:16 PM)

Yes, you are right. I also hadn't a button in the launcher, but I was able to start the updater in the game folder and it was working. I understood it so, that the updater generally does not work.

eddieballgame -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 4:52:54 PM)

I assume this patch is applied over the original install v 1.01.01 & not over the temporary beta patches.

budd -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 4:56:57 PM)

Either/or

WeaverofBrokenThreads -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 5:02:59 PM)

It seems the ancient archive that gives tech change was reverted. It is back to 2 FP and giving epic stuff.

lian -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 5:32:18 PM)

The update worked for me.

eddieballgame -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 5:39:40 PM)

• Added the generation of a planet generation save in your saved games directory.
Which if you like you could rename and share with others.
Or use to restart a Planet you found interesting.

I read this as allowing one to save & share their planet class generations.
I am not seeing that option. :(

Clux -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 6:09:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

• Added the generation of a planet generation save in your saved games directory.

You have to load that save, it works life if you started again, I mean, you will have the same start but you have the options to create your faction again.

zgrssd -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 6:29:18 PM)

Does the installer do a proper cleanup?

Say there was some file in the beta that did not make it into the release. Or there is some manually edited file. Would the instaler remove them? Or is it merely overwriting existing files and adding new ones?

springel -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 6:35:52 PM)

Deleting files that were present in the previous version but not in the current is a pretty standard installer action. But my guess is that such files will be very rare in this game.

Malevolence -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 6:37:40 PM)

No, the Slither launcher is %$#& imo. Among other issues, it tries to install the patch at the default location without consideration for where the software was installed.

You can set a shortcut to the ShadowEmpire.exe file to skip it completely.

eddieballgame -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 6:39:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

You have to load that save, it works life if you started again, I mean, you will have the same start but you have the options to create your faction again.

I get how it should work, I am just not seeing the option to save any planet generation settings.

Got the answer...In your saved games folder wherever game is installed. Once you generate a planet its saved as...

lastplanetgenerated.se1

It gets overwritten when you generate a new one,

thank you, 'vendayn'

btw, AUTO SAVE must be activated

Coffeecool -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 6:59:15 PM)

"as the bird flies" ???

AntoneT -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 8:43:47 PM)

quote:

"as the bird flies" ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_the_crow_flies#:~:text=As%20the%20crow%20flies%2C%20similar,direct%20path%20between%20two%20points.

zgrssd -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 9:50:03 PM)

quote:

Deleting files that were present in the previous version but not in the current is a pretty standard installer action. But my guess is that such files will be very rare in this game.

Well, most people also use a Standart Installer. Something like Install Shield or MSI.
But they seem to use something custom or barely known.

springel -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/10/2020 10:17:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

Well, most people also use a Standart Installer. Something like Install Shield or MSI.
But they seem to use something custom or barely known.

I have been using Matrix installers for 20 years and they have always done the job.

Novaliz -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/11/2020 8:29:28 AM)

Am I save using the updater over the latest beta patch or should I do a fresh install before using the updater?

eddieballgame -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/11/2020 8:33:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

Am I save using the updater over the latest beta patch or should I do a fresh install before using the updater?

Someone posted it was ok to patch over the 'betas'.
I, actually, saved my original files that the 'beta patches' replaced; so I replaced the 'beta files' with the originals & updated.

Tagman -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/11/2020 2:39:15 PM)

the changelog looks promising. Time to start up a new game.

wodin -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/11/2020 5:34:44 PM)

Being able to save a planet gen is great news.

MC456 -> RE: Version 1.02 is out! (6/12/2020 3:10:21 AM)

Funny, was just playing a game until I experienced the 'end turn' crash. Reloaded a couple times to make sure it wasn't just a one off thing. Then I decided to try this update and it fixed the problem.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI