How's the AI? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Pfand -> How's the AI? (6/10/2020 12:32:13 PM)

I know you're going to say "just play other people, do PBEM." And I may, at some point. But I wanted to ask, how is the AI in comparison to say, Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe? Does the AI invade Italy, does it do D-Day in some form? Does the AI pose any sort of challenge for a new player familiar with wargaming and WWII?

This is a title I am interested in. Trying to find out some things before I lay down the money though. The AI is a consideration for me here.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: How's the AI? (6/10/2020 3:50:36 PM)

Some people have posted reviews on steam that the A.I. is good, others that the A.I. sucks. What I can tell you is that no A.I. can beat a human.
I am not the premier super wargamer some are but on my 1st game of SC3 I held off the Germans in France till 1941 as the Allies. Yet I thought the A.I. was good. This was at historical levels.

The Axis A.I. has 2 main different strategies and a few sneaky minor ones if you do foolish things.
The Allies react to the Axis, invade, attack, and do their thing.

There are 11 difficulty levels and 5 supply levels. Players have said setting the difficulties at +3, +3 makes a good challenge.

Some comments where that the A.I. does well tactically but has trouble handling strategic decisions which is a problem in these types of games.

If I had to judge on a programmer level vs SC3 I'd say they are pretty close. I'd still give SC3 the advantage because Hubert has worked on his A.I. for over a decade while mine is just 1 year old.

Pfand -> RE: How's the AI? (6/12/2020 12:21:32 AM)

Thank you for the reply! I did some follow up research and really liked what I saw. I took the plunge and bought straight from Matrix. Been playing around with the main (1939) campaign, reading the manual, etc. etc. really like it so far!

Richard III -> RE: How's the AI? (6/12/2020 10:48:41 PM)

The AI, which I`m a spokesman for [;)] is as good as any out there, and better then most. It will actually counterattack, and attack where your weak ( I`ve lost Armor Corps in France by pushing too hard ) and several Inf. Corps in Russia.

In Russia in `42 it will a actually attempt to attack to open supply hexs to cut off units. In France it will pull back to form a front, and when it "sees" you are about to break through it will mass units near Paris. All in all a good AI gaming experience, worth many hours of play. and IMO aa great value for money.

PS; and a very polished interface.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: How's the AI? (6/12/2020 11:01:27 PM)

Glad you guys like it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI