Applied Research (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

t1it -> Applied Research (6/10/2020 5:51:18 PM)

I've noticed AI invest heavily in this field, having multiple research of all kinds in the 50's points by the mid game. I've also noticed how little motorized/mechanized infantry they have on the field..so this got me wondering am I playing inefficient by basically paying lip service to applied research (5% of the budget) and focusing on unlocking high end tech or is it the AI that is sub par in it's research goals? Just wondering what people think.

Laiders -> RE: Applied Research (6/10/2020 5:56:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: t1it

I've noticed AI invest heavily in this field, having multiple research of all kinds in the 50's points by the mid game. I've also noticed how little motorized/mechanized infantry they have on the field..so this got me wondering am I playing inefficient by basically paying lip service to applied research (5% of the budget) and focusing on unlocking high end tech or is it the AI that is sub par in it's research goals? Just wondering what people think.

Kinda hard to say. How well are you keeping your own mech forces supplied with precious, precious oil? Are you smashing the AI in the field or not? Etc.

Obviously if you are on a resource rich planet and have the resources to swiftly deploy the latest breakthroughs it is better to pursue them. If not, then it might be better to refine what you have using applied research.

My own approach, though I have only played into the mid-game so far, is to evenly distribute BP between organisations by mid-game and focus on increasing BP production rather than managing organisation sliders. Especially as adjusting those too often comes with a steep penalty.

t1it -> RE: Applied Research (6/10/2020 6:06:15 PM)

Well I'm winning in my game and easily smashing the AI armies that are still on automatic rifles and advanced combat armor with few tanks. It may be so they don't have the Resources. In the stats, they outnumber me 2-5 times in infantry but I outnumber them in tanks (only have 1 light tank brigade but several mechanized brigades so I guess that is slotted in here as well). Seems though the largest AI does field allot more vehicles so see how it goes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI