Destroyed Airgroups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Honus -> Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 6:21:43 PM)

A CV is sunk. Several planes from an airgroup survive by flying to other CVs/Bases. That airgroup is listed under the "Destroyed Airgroups" tab. Does the airgroup need to be recreated from that list? What happens to the planes/pilots that remained if you do so? If you don't? TIA.

btd64 -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 6:28:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Honus

A CV is sunk. Several planes from an airgroup survive by flying to other CVs/Bases. That airgroup is listed under the "Destroyed Airgroups" tab. Does the airgroup need to be recreated from that list? What happens to the planes/pilots that remained if you do so? If you don't? TIA.

Once you buy the parent part of the squadron back, all you need to do is move them to the same base/CV and you can recombined them. If you done, the fragment can be used as normal....GP

Honus -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 6:33:57 PM)

What happens if you don't purchase the fragment? Can the remainder upgrade planes, or take replacements? I guess the question is: What is gained by purchasing the "parent part of the squadron?"

btd64 -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 6:39:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Honus

What happens if you don't purchase the fragment? Can the remainder upgrade planes, or take replacements? I guess the question is: What is gained by purchasing the "parent part of the squadron?"

The fragment is just a fragment. You can't upgrade or take replacements to further build it up. Or you can disband it and the planes and pilots will go into the pool. By purchasing the squadron parent unit you can have the whole squadron back and upgrade it....GP

Honus -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 6:41:25 PM)

Thank you.

btd64 -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 6:42:09 PM)

No problem....GP

inqistor -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/10/2020 8:14:00 PM)

This fragment behaves weirdly. It tends to somehow reduce size without reason. It is generally not advisable to keep it, as those fragments have far too much pilots for planes to use.

If you don't buy out parent, you will just have fragment with slowly eroding number of planes.

Ian R -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/11/2020 4:41:35 AM)

I agree with inquisitor - buy back the parent, get rid of the fragments.

If you can't disband a fragment into another group*, then put it on a ship back to San Fran/Tokyo/Aden and disband it there.

[*I can't remember if the code allows a fragment of one carrier capable group to be disbanded into another, aboard ship. No doubt someone can weigh in on that.]

mosessan20 -> RE: Destroyed Airgroups (6/12/2020 6:46:21 AM)

I remember similar strange situation too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI