How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Carterjon -> How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/10/2020 8:15:29 PM)

Apologies for asking a dumb question, but I am having difficulty knowing if sub and strategic bombing campaigns are having effect, and the balance of damage done to losses incurred doing it. I don’t see combat reports for sub activity (showing merchants sunk), or strategic bombing (in terms of what, production lost?).

Thanks

ComadrejaKorp -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/10/2020 8:43:38 PM)

In the information panel of the attacked hexagon you will see the damage in red, next to the usual production.

Dalwin -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/10/2020 10:04:55 PM)

You should see reports for your subs every turn whether they succeed or fail. If you are not seeing that, your subs are in the wrong place. For example, before the fall of Norway, you can interdict that trade anywhere along the Norwegian coast. After the fall, I only seem to be able to hit it between Oslo and Denmark.

Interdicting Italian shipping in the Med only seems to be possible between Sardinia and Italy. This seems wrong by the way. Most of the interdiction should be hitting supplies on their way to Tripoli or other Libyan ports.

Carterjon -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/10/2020 11:19:46 PM)

Thanks. I was thinking about Axis subs in the Atlantic. I put one on each of the two convoy routes going west and south from Scotland, in raider mode, yet see no combat results. Also, how do you see how many merchantman you have as Allies?

Thanks

Dalwin -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/10/2020 11:56:15 PM)

Well you have to have one action point left to make the attack, so the turn you move out there you won't see any. As long as you don't more than one AP on the second turn, you will see a report even if you sink zero.

You see your number of MM on the production screen among or trade screen (the first two icons in the upper left).

bairdlander2 -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/11/2020 1:33:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dalwin

Well you have to have one action point left to make the attack, so the turn you move out there you won't see any. As long as you don't more than one AP on the second turn, you will see a report even if you sink zero.

Thanks.I did not realize this and was moving Axis subs as far as possible per turn.I find the South America convoy route best for causing damage.

Carterjon -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/11/2020 2:31:24 AM)

This is helpful. Now on Allied strategic bombing, Does damage permanently reduce Axis production rate (amount produced per turn) or is it a one-shot, single turn effect? I did a test and scored 4 damage but production only went down by 2. Does it increase or recover naturally?

Thanks

MagicMissile -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/11/2020 10:33:00 AM)

If I recall correctly it autorepairs 2 points per turn so 4-2=2.

/MM

Dalwin -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (6/11/2020 8:59:18 PM)

So, like in similar games, the most effective use of bombers is usually to flatten a few high value targets rather than spread the damage around. Much more unrepaired damage gets carried forward that way. OF course the high value targets are also where the AA will be.

MWalker321 -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (8/21/2021 2:56:32 PM)

Does the Auto-Repair function on production hexes (or railroad) cost production points (upkeep for example) or is it free?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (8/21/2021 3:09:54 PM)

production is repaired at a rate of 2 per turn if I remember for FREE.

MWalker321 -> RE: How do you tell if strategic warfare is working? (8/22/2021 1:05:29 AM)

Thank you. I picked this game up about a month ago, and I am enjoying it very much. It is nice to have a designer that is engaged and responsive.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI