Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Daniele -> Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 9:43:51 AM)

Command: Modern Operations has been Updated to version 1.01.11471.

You can download the update from here

Changelog below
* Massive tweaks, fixes & improvements in MCM operations:

- UI tweaks to "Create minefield" window:
a) Increased size of visible name in dropdown list
b) Add multiple increments to up/down click:
Use SHIFT key on click = +/- 5
Use CNTL key on click = +/- 10
Use both on click = +/- 50
- Map tweak: When hovering cursor over a detected mine, show a data block for it (type and depth)
- Ship based ROVs are currently assigned to the same mine clearing mission as their mothership. This has been extended to cover UUV that are also embarked.
- Once a mine is detected, only the nearest unit with active MCM gear or MCM weapons will attempt to clear the mine. Sometimes, depending on timing, it will appear that more than one unit is assigned (an aircraft and a ship for instance). The exception to this may be if a MCM weapon (Seafox ROV for example) launched against mine as this a BOL launch and isn’t against a specific target.
- Ships will attempt to target mines that are within ~2NM of them.
- Units will generally try to clear the closest mine to them. This sometimes can lead to a ship targeting a mine 2NM distance, and then a mine is detected 1NM away which becomes the new target; the distant one becomes available for some other unit to go after. The exception to this is for aircraft; they will not generally take a targeted mine away from a ship due to their speed. If a ship is nearing a mine to clear, and an aircraft decides to clear that mine, the aircraft could cause the mine to explode and damage the ship.
- Tethered ROVs will try to patrol an arc +/- 45 degrees of the heading of the mothership.
- When a tethered ROV selects a mine to clear, the mothership slows down to allow it time to complete the mission. Depending on the distance to the mine, the ROV might not do it in time and be dragged away by the mothership.
-‘Mine clearance diver’, if part of the ship’s MCM gear, will attempt to neutralize the mine the ship is clearing. It can clear any type of mine. There is a time delay between each use of the ‘diver’ to simulate the sequence ‘launch/place explosiveon mine/recover/rearm’.
- If a mine is a ‘floater’, and the ship has a crew, there is a chance that the mine will be cleared by a ‘shooter’ (someone with a rifle) on the ship. An unmanned ship won’t be able to do this.
- Units with multiple MCM gear currently use all their equipment in an attempt to clear a mine. The MCM gear will now be more closely matched against the mine type; ‘cutters’ will only target ‘moored’ mines, ‘influence’ sweeps will target mines of that type, ’explosive’ can take out any mine.
- ROVs with multiple MCM gear will try to use non-explosive equipment first, in order to preserve the explosive. For example, a ROV with a ‘mechanical cutter’ and an ‘explosive’ will try to cut the cable on a ‘moored’ mine so the explosive can be used on a ‘bottom’ mine later.
- MCM as weapons (example Seafox) can now be launched from ships and aircraft within the normal weapon conditions (range, ROF, etc.). Note that if there is normal MCM gear on the unit, then it will be taking precedence over the weapon. If you wish to use the weapon ROVs first, you should manually turn off the MCM gear. For ships, the weapon will be auto-fired at a detected mine when within ½ the range of the ROV. For aircraft, the weapon will be auto-fired at any detected mine within ½ the range of the ROV at the end of the aircraft current flight path. These weapons can also be launched in BOL mode manually. At the BOL endpoint, the ROV should activate its sonar and attempt to acquire any detected mine.
- ‘Floaters’ are harder to clear by aircraft only now as the sleds (for ‘cutter’ or ‘influence’) no longer trigger them. If they did trigger them, then the sled should be destroyed!
- Mines still in arming mode can’t be cleared by normal MCM gear. The exceptions to this are:
a) the MCM is a cutter, and the mine is moored, or
b) the MCM is an explosive device
- The mine depth can now be seen by hovering over the mine. When in Editor Mode, the type of mine can also be seen.
- MCM ships will turn off their MCM gear when returning to base so as not to set offmines.
- Fixed: Limit mine selection to those underwater.
- Fixed: Limit mine neutralized message to clearer side only
- Fixed: Unable to remove MCM equipment once added thru 'Add sensor'
- Fixed: #7550: MH-53 with Seafox loadout not working correctly
- Fixed: SBR not recognizing MCM equipment changes
- Tweak: Changed non-cutter sweep on ships/subs to use 3-point sweep area
- Mines are now included in the "Losses & Expenditures" list. Losses reflect the number and type of mines cleared, while expenditures reflect the number of mines activated to attack something.

* FIXED: SSBNs on slow-evasion logic would set their throttle to flank (despite the low desired speed), revealing themselves.
* FIXED: #13870: Ships under a 'Withdraw' criteria revert to straight line course after a pathfinder course is set
* Fixed: #13844: Satellite paths (Also fixed a long-standing CMO issue with floating point number precision)
* Lua: New method on "Side" wrapper: unitsInArea
* Fixed: #13869: ProsecutionArea via LUA
* Fixed: Exception when ship is unassigned with tethered ROV
* Fixed: #13194: [B1092] Alt/Speed Manual Selection Issue
* New Lua method: VP_GetSides
* New property on "Side" Lua wrapper: missions
* FIXED: #13845: Torpedo "Wire" not being displayed on UI
* FIXED: #13394: DB links in the main screen aren't always responding
* UI tweak: The name of the currently used GPU is now displayed as part of the "black caption" diagnostics (this can help when troubleshooting absurdly low map performance in multi-GPU systems, eg. numerous laptops nowadays)
* FIXED: #13524: UI 'sparkles' trying to select drop-downs
* FIXED: #13537: [Build 1121.3] Glitch with "gap" between right-column and edge of screen in fullscreen mode
* ADDED: #13535: SAR and ISAR radar should have target classification ability
* FIXED: #13365: Define Area - Circle: mouse draws rectangle instead of circle
* UI Tweak: Detach unit from group straight through the Formation Editor
* FIXED: Doctrine options "WCS - Land" and "BVR engagement behavior" were disabled for player (includes updated versions of standalone scenarios)

* Includes a standalone 4K-fixer tool (4KFix.exe), to provide users with an easy one-step solution to issues with adjusting Command to high-DPI environments.
* Includes new Tacview 3D-shapes by the official v1.8.3 release, as well as additions by PClaurent and BLiboy.
* Includes the updated DB description files by CV60 & kgambit.
* Includes updated .inst files by Roby7979 (Germany, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Switzerland)

Sardaukar -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 10:37:54 AM)

That is massive!

Sardaukar -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 10:46:38 AM)

Tells me that CMO is not installed! [:D]

gennyo -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 10:55:58 AM)

Ah...no "gamma quality" update of db3k 485, I'm really looking for this[:D]

Zahar00 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 11:02:10 AM)

quote:

doesn't work on the steam version?
quote:

Aa ok, steam has updated automatically.

Eboreg -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 2:43:57 PM)

Great update but I notice that I can't see enemy satellite paths. Is that intentional?

Dimitris -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 3:03:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eboreg
Great update but I notice that I can't see enemy satellite paths. Is that intentional?

Hi, can you please post this on the tech support forum so that we can begin tracking it? Thanks in advance!

Figeac -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 3:58:49 PM)

Will the Steam version be updated automatically?

Dimitris -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 4:23:17 PM)

It should, please do give us a shout if it doesn't.

Parel803 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 7:38:52 PM)

nice, thx

mikkey -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/11/2020 10:27:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Figeac
Will the Steam version be updated automatically?

in my case was steam version updated automatically

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/14/2020 1:54:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gennyo

Ah...no "gamma quality" update of db3k 485, I'm really looking for this[:D]

Yeah I just noticed db3k 484 an 485 are not part of the matrix updater it seems,is that what you meant?. Are they still considered beta?

gennyo -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/14/2020 11:23:17 PM)

Yes, "gamma" is an old-fashion word for "official release", it's after "beta" or test builds.

485 works if you copy the database file into DB folder.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/15/2020 1:42:05 AM)

Yeah I have it from the beta releases, just noticed today it wasn't in the offical updater though. So I was wondering if that was entirely deliberate, and if so we should not be using it since folks will have to find a now older beta download to obtain just the db it if's used in a scenario. 1147.2 still defaults to 485.db in the editor on new scenario though, or maybe it's just retaining my preference there, i'm not sure.

Dimitris -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/15/2020 4:48:04 AM)

The v484 and v485 versions of the DB3000 were not included in the official release because there were a number of problems with them. These problems will be resolved in the next release, v486.

Meanwhile, we do not recommend using these versions.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/15/2020 5:07:16 AM)

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the added guidance\clarity about it.

guanotwozero -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/15/2020 3:56:39 PM)

Good stuff, thanks!

JFS737 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/17/2020 7:03:28 AM)

Just getting this installed. Are there any instructions or information on HOW to execute mine operations? Any manual addendum or keyboard commands? Thanks for any info.

Regards,
John

boogabooga -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/17/2020 7:18:51 AM)

There should be a tutorial scenario, or there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdjz8HohxOY

JFS737 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/17/2020 4:51:41 PM)

I'll try to find that tutorial and thanks for link, I'll check it out.

John

x2oop -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/19/2020 5:24:22 PM)

What current version of DB3K should be?

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Update v1.01.11471 (6/19/2020 7:06:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: x2oop

What current version of DB3K should be?

The most current stable version of DB3K is v483.

While v484 and v485 do exist as part of certain past beta's Devs have advised to avoid using them if possible till v486 is released as those versions have a fair amount of known issues, 484 especially. As mentioned in post #14

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI