RESEARCH : Economy Minister ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

FlashXAron_slith -> RESEARCH : Economy Minister ? (6/11/2020 1:53:54 PM)

... just have seen THAT the ECONOMY Minister is researching things ????

and the science guy only is DISCOVERING ?
Shouldn't the economy one, not only DISTRIBUTE the money and the APPLIED SCIENCE guy should DISCOVER or RESEARCH ???

BUG or what do I see here wrong ?

THX

Here what the Economy guy is doing ---
[image]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294143245544325121/720637616243998768/unknown.png[/image]

Jdane -> RE: RESEARCH : Economy Minister ? (6/11/2020 2:07:54 PM)

English is not VR's mother tongue so the terminology can indeed seem quite weird at times.

Such as the distinction between Discovery and Research. I translate it in my head into Research and Development, it makes more sense to me.

As for the Economic Council, I think of it as having a broader purpose than its name implies. It is in charge of prospecting for resources and improving the economy, not only by the means of the Stratagem cards it generates, but also by researching and developing e.g. plans for infrastructures.

(Such as in your picture, I read that screen as : guys in office X are still thinking about new ways to improve our infrastructure, and guys in office Y are just starting drawing up plans for storage facilities - and probably setting up production lines for the tools and pieces needed, and writing procedure and best practice guides. There's some abstraction at play here in my opinion.)

If you look at the technologies labeled Ec in the tech tree, it looks thematically appropriate, at least to me.

As for the Applied Science council I think of it more as an Engineering department, in charge of gradually improving on existing technologies.

I think it is not difficult to eventually make sense of these departments, but I agree their names can appear confusing.

springel -> RE: RESEARCH : Economy Minister ? (6/11/2020 2:11:21 PM)

Yes. Calling economy a science has always been a con [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI