Logistics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Ekaton -> Logistics (6/12/2020 4:57:49 PM)

It seems I've taken too much territory - I have several truck depots at home, but now when I want to build a truck depot and a supply hub further away, I can't - it's always one turn left to completion, but it never progresses:

[img]https://i.ibb.co/GMGzgfT/U4ntitled.png[/img]

springel -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 5:04:10 PM)

I started a game and I have a unit.

How do I move it?

Ekaton -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 5:15:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

How do I move it?

How is it relevant? [8|]

It now says that it has 0 LIS points. What does it mean? It's connected by road so there should be no supply issues.

Saros -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 5:15:44 PM)

Press P and L to see if you have any logistics points reaching the truck station. Likely you don't and you need 100 for an asset to operate correctly.

Laiders -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 5:24:43 PM)

It should be mandatory to post all screenshots regarding logistics questions with the units turned off, the names turned on and a relevant logistics overlay enabled. Otherwise, it is very difficult to diagnose. :P

Best guess is that the construction site is not connected reliably to your logistical network. Embiggen existing truck stations or build the little truck depot/refuel station things to push supply out and get a connection. Else, build paved roads. Supply travels much, much further over paved roads.

A remote possibility might be some resource shortage but that doesn't seem likely. No other buildings are short of workers and the game tries to balance worker shortages to maximise production according to production/construction settings. By this I mean, if you are short 10% of workers and all public assets are set to 100% production, then my understanding is all buildings will have 90% of worker cost paid and 90% production instead. Your stockpiles are good as displayed on screen.

If you have messed about with multiple SHQs, then that might cause a problem. That's a black art I have yet to explore.

If you checked all of the above and none applies, then either post back here with a more detailed description or some further more detailed screens. You have likely found a bug. If you are certain it is a bug and have appropriate evidence demonstrating it is a bug, ideally saves where the bug is evident, then post it as a bug report.

jpwrunyan -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 6:34:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

quote:

How do I move it?

How is it relevant? [8|]

It now says that it has 0 LIS points. What does it mean? It's connected by road so there should be no supply issues.

He's just ****posting. Whenever you post in this forum just expect the first reply to be a waste of your time and you'll do ok.

Just because something is connected by road doesn't mean it's in range of your logistics. Your network has a certain range measured in AP that extends outward on all roads. AP doesn't stack (in case you have overlapping logistics centers). But the LIS value does (sort of) where there's overlap. In your case you have a problem with AP. Assuming you have enough trucks, building a supply base 5 hexes away from the closest truck station toward your target should resolve the issue. It simply extends AP (truck range) for cheap.

However, if you don't have enough trucks (LIS points), then building another truck center 8 hexes down the road (more or less) might be the optimal solution.

Hellkyte -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 6:48:04 PM)

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is here but some folks are just rude.

Anyways I'm guessing from the description that your network is overloaded and you cam get something to that location, but it isnt clear what it is. One simple option would be to retreat some of the infantry out of that location as supplying them is almost certainly the point of overload.

Although that said, you also need to get those enemies pushed back a bit or your city is going to have problems with having an asset that is being threatened like that, your zones danger rating will increase significantly if you dont.

jpwrunyan -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 8:14:28 PM)

I'm 99% confident he's targeting the hex with the highlighted hexes around it where "1 Inf" is. But I might be wrong. That's why I first guessed it was an AP range problem. But there's also several forks in the road in that area which means his trucks might be diverting and running out of LIS as well.

It seems his units are supplied so that's another reason I think it's AP range and not LIS.

Malevolence -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 8:30:52 PM)

Can we see the bottlenecks map and current points map please? (yes, please units off)

Laiders -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 8:32:17 PM)

One unit in that area is completely cut from supply (black square) and drawing down its reserves or out entirely. I think the green supply units just moved into the area. OP has no LIS/LP, either due to range or waste, and must fix that problem by extending supply range, using fuel depots or truck stations or by paving roads or by ramming enough LIS at the target that some gets through, or by optimising other parts of their network more thoroughly.

If logistics overviews, such as current LP or LP preview, confirm LIS/LP is present and correct at the construction site, then it might be a bug as there are no other apparent bars to construction, such as a resource or worker shortage.

Also AP range and LIS are intimately connected. Hexes out of AP range rapidly, though not instantaneously, become out of LIS no? Moreover, if he had enough LIS to supply units then he will have some for construction unless his units are using all of the LIS he can push out to that area. That said, I really don't know how truck AP truly works. Sealed roads appear to be magic and able to get supply through over very, very long distances, albeit much reduced, even when supplied by a single truck station (L2 so outputting a decent amount of LIS) and when it appears truck AP should have been exhausted about 10 hexes ago.

I'm pretty certain running out of AP starts costing your LIS per additional hex until LIS exhausts. Sealed roads with their low AP costs to move along and a lot of LP behind them can get supply where it needs to go well beyond your apparent AP range. I almost wish AP was a hard limit. It would both make the fuel stations more useful and force players to build more robust logistical networks. It would also be more intuitive as to why supply can or cannot get to X. X is out of range simple. When supplying long distance it is often non-trivial or impossible to figure out LIS changes from turn to turn sometimes with disastrous effect.

Then again if AP were a hard limit, I would not be able to conduct ridiculous campaigns with tenuous supply connections over very long distances because I am a miser and see no reason to go to all the effort of setting up a colony if I can just about push supply through from my core holdings.

Malevolence -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 8:33:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

quote:

How do I move it?

How is it relevant? [8|]

He's just ****posting. Whenever you post in this forum just expect the first reply to be a waste of your time and you'll do ok.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Jdane -> RE: Logistics (6/12/2020 9:10:57 PM)

Wrong section.
But that's still hilarious.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI