Fusion Plant Not Working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

SamMAVRS -> Fusion Plant Not Working (6/13/2020 4:56:04 AM)

I researched Fusion Power but when I went to build it, there wasnt an option for it. i can build nuclear sure but inside the city, outside, on a mountain, on water, near water, on a river, no where did it show up.

also, we need some way of making radioactives other then mining. as much as i would love to build a nuclear plant to solve my power whows, its either i build power or save it for nuclear engines meaning nuclear power is a waste of space. a level 3 plant would drain my stock before the game even got half way done.

zgrssd -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/13/2020 9:45:02 AM)

If you want permanent power, Solar is currently the way to go.
Cheap to set up (just some Rare Metals), cheap production cost.

The Power Plant now showing up sounds like a Technical issue/Bug. There is a subforum for that: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1775

SamMAVRS -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/13/2020 9:56:10 PM)

solar is great in the beginning of the game when things only cost around 100 energy to upkeep. late game buildings like the high tech industry takes 1600 energy for level 2. when you combine the fact that most of the buildings are always low on workers, something like solar that takes so many people and outputs so little just cant cut it. especially if you have energy guns and electrical engines for your armys. the fuel power plant is an option but needs to be level 3 with a level 3 synth plant in order to be self sustainable and it outputs a metric F ton of energy. the problem is the amount of workers needed again though.

zgrssd -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/13/2020 11:01:19 PM)

Solar:
Starts at 100 Worker Maintenance + 2 Workers/Energy.
It ends at 100 Worker Maintenance, + 1.8 Workers/Energy.

Fuel Power Plant:
Starts at 100 Worker Maintenance, +2 Workers/Energy
It ends at 2200 Worker Mainteannce, +0.9 Worker/Energy.
The main thing that improoves is Fuel Efficiency.

Solar also builds a lot faster, for fewer Machines - but rare Metals. So I do not thing Solar compares to badly to the "real" plants. Needs a lot more space, but that is one thing you got on any planet.

(I am not saying that does not need to be fixed. Just pointing out that it is not as bad as you think).

SamMAVRS -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/14/2020 5:59:46 AM)

im not saying solar is bad. i try and build one in every city as like the power that self sustains the city in case the worst happens. its just late game when you have level 4 or 5 structures, that 2000 max output from solar just really doesnt cut it. when you have regiment sized armys all using energy things, you really do need that extra oomph from the fuel plants just to self sustain. power is definitely a resource that needs another once over. its by far the most valuable thing in the game and really not a lot of ways to logically sustain it. the only radioactive mine i managed to find after 200 turns in all of my restarts was 1 worth 550 total. do i use that to power my nuclear plants for about 20 turns or do i put them in nuclear engines that never need refueling?

Vic -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/14/2020 9:49:45 AM)

The Fusion tech does not give a new Asset but improves output of Nuclear Plant Asset.
The description is giving you the wrong impression. Will fix this for next Open Beta version.

zgrssd -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/14/2020 11:47:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

The Fusion tech does not give a new Asset but improves output of Nuclear Plant Asset.
The description is giving you the wrong impression. Will fix this for next Open Beta version.

Ah, one of those techs.
The ones that just multiply output, without changing (most?) input?

Bainin -> RE: Fusion Plant Not Working (6/14/2020 2:03:53 PM)

Honestly Powerplants deserve a Buff there is a reason why we are not all using solar only.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI