Stratagem Wishlist (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

GodwinW -> Stratagem Wishlist (6/13/2020 11:07:34 PM)

Thought we could maybe make a thread with all of our ideas for Stratagems we wish existed.

* Protect:
Play on a friendly Minor who is being attacked by a Major (the Major declared war, not the Minor itself).
Must be at Peace with the Minor. May not be at Peace or at War with the Major.
The Major has 1 turn to react: if he stays at War, he has in effect declared War on you as well. He can also choose to end his War.
Relation with the Minor increases in either case and difficulty to play 'Offer Client' reduces by x points.

* Study Regime:
All Diplomatic and Covert Ops rolls on target Major Regime lower by x amount for y turns. Failure lowers the bonus, critical failure may even increase the difficulty of further rolls.

* False Flag:
Play on Target Major
Your spies arrange for a random public building in one of your cities to get damaged (80% damage) and will leave evidence behind of the Target Major.
Success: you can declare war without any penalties
Failure: Unrest as rumors circulate your own government did it

Frostwave -> RE: Stratagem Wishlist (6/15/2020 12:48:59 PM)

I would like to see some cards for imprisoning and torturing my leaders. Your other leaders may react depending on their own political stances. I would like to have a colourful way to let my other leaders know that incompetence or stealing has consequences (think Darth Vader). Would also need to have an option to release them from imprisonment and then their stats can change where they learn their lesson or plot to get revenge. You could maybe also have an option when using something as a punishment for failure that there is a chance that their stat they failed with could slowly go up reflecting them studying/working hard so they don't suffer the consequences again (could also result in the person breaking under torture or imprisonment making them useless as leader and nothing more than a crazy unstable mess). This could also have a lasting effect on other leaders who may think twice to cross the ruler and/or their Regime or embolden them to act against their leader all depending on their reaction to the event and use of such tactics.

Another idea is spy cards to take other Regimes family members as hostage so they will work with you against the interest of their own Regimes.

Pretty dark stuff but this is a dark world with dictatorships being common and life I would imagine could be pretty harsh and cruel.

Would love to see a tech for camouflage that when researched would add option to add camouflage to vehicles and/or uniforms with whatever inherent tech they already have for an additional price. so If I'm modifying a model there is an option to add camo to the design.Resulting in a negative modifier to someone's recon attempts on a hex if all units in the hex are making use of camouflage or maybe if there is only 50% of the units in camo then only 50% of the modifier is applied. It could also affect combat modifiers since it would be harder to spot and get a good shot on units using camo.

There could be different levels of camouflage, from just designs on clothing and paint schemes on vehicles and equipment then moving up to modern stealth technology then quantum stealth technology providing invisibility cloaks for vehicles or soldiers. https://futurism.com/the-byte/watch-invisibility-cloak-military-use

Of course my biggest want is terrestrial aircraft and naval units. More mech units, maybe some super soldiers doped up on some combat drugs or genetically enhanced or both. Of course we would then need accompanying anti- air units and technology.

More aliens and a tool for designing your own aliens, add a graphic and then add a list of abilities and modifiers, like fertility, seasonal activity, sentience etc.

More emblems to chose from and ability to choose colours for them.

More events and love to see some more personal events for the characters that could affect their performance or loyalty. Perhaps a leader gets a disease and needs to seek treatment making them see hospital tech in a new light and they would probably want to reset their priorities.

Implementation of Matrix/Slitherine PBEM system. I believe this would help with sales and kickstart the multiplayer community. First it would be good for users privacy, locating people to play against and ease of use especially for newcomers who may find manually sending save game files confusing or too much of a hassle. I'm a combat mission veteran so I'm used to sending save game files but younger gamers or those just getting into it may find it a deterrent from getting into a mp game.

Eventually space fairing vessels would be cool as well but I imagine that would be reserved for a later huge dlc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI