Congrats (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Tbone3336 -> Congrats (7/30/2003 2:19:26 AM)

Congrats to Matrix and SSG for what is gonna be a great game. I really hope this sells well for both of you and compels SSG to continue the line.

Now the most important item, when is it shipping, still this friday or sooner ? ;) ;) please, pretty please....

U2 -> (7/30/2003 2:38:33 AM)

Congrats to SSG and Matrix!!!!! Good news!!!

I will also write a review and lets see if it gets a 5/5 and the "Dan's choice" award;) :D

I just can't wait for this game!

Paul Vebber -> (7/30/2003 3:36:51 AM)

Last man without a Korsun Lunch box is a rotten egg!

[IMG]http://storetn.cafepress.com/7/6601187_F_store.jpg[/IMG]

Or for Mark when wanting to tip a German brew:

[IMG]http://storetn.cafepress.com/5/6600815_F_store.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats to SSG, the Matrix KP team and all the playtesters!

Click on the 'Merchandise' link to get to the goodies! (you have to enter the forum through the home page to get the banner bar to "stick"...working on that...

e_barkmann -> (7/30/2003 5:10:06 AM)

Congrats SSG and Matrix...this time around I am hoping the game gets the recognition and sales it truly deserves.

I've already ordered my KP mug! :-)

cheers Chris

mjk428 -> (7/30/2003 6:11:38 AM)

I subscribed to CGW for 20 years and they always had the policy of not reviewing games until they were released to the public. I did finally stop subscribing last year; I guess they changed the policy.

Anyway, Congratulations Matrix & SSG, I hope you have a hit on your hands with this one. Since I've purchased every wargame SSG has made, I expect I'll order it once it's released (and I read all the good things about it).

Supervisor -> Congrats (7/31/2003 5:14:06 AM)

I knew I should have posted this when I read the article about 3 hours prior to Marc posting this. Anyway congrats on a job well done.

U2 -> (7/31/2003 6:02:24 AM)

this is the look of the Euro version:cool:

[IMG]http://www.justflight.com/pages/Term2/Box%20Shots/Korsun-Pocket_3D.jpg[/IMG]

snoopy84 -> (7/31/2003 5:25:52 PM)

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that a game without fancy 3d graphics and without gallons of blood on the screen can be a real winner. Keep up the good work!

Also, I'm sad that Matrix Games has no partners in Hungary, so I don't have any chance of getting my piece until some really nice person ;) tells me a good virtual shop in Europe (where I can maybe order one :().

U2 -> (7/31/2003 5:41:45 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snoopy84
[B]Also, I'm sad that Matrix Games has no partners in Hungary, so I don't have any chance of getting my piece until some really nice person ;) tells me a good virtual shop in Europe (where I can maybe order one :(). [/B][/QUOTE]

[url]www.duchet.com[/url]

yeah I know I'm nice:D

Voidhawk -> (7/31/2003 5:48:08 PM)

Was there ever any doubt? ;)

It's an all too rare occurence in the gaming industry today when a game lives up to its hype and proves worth the wait.

Looks like KP could very well be one of those gems. Good show, SSG and Matrix!

snoopy84 -> (7/31/2003 8:03:48 PM)

THX!

Capitaine -> It's about time!! (8/1/2003 2:33:46 AM)

I really hope KP accrues all the accolades TAO should've had years ago. I have no clue what happened there, but I shared SSG's puzzlement over the cool reception of TAO when released.

If KP is a huge success, as it undoubtedly deserves, it will go a long way toward making up for the earlier "mistake". :)

BrubakerII -> (8/1/2003 3:53:41 PM)

Hey who said this game ain't got no blood :mad:

[IMG]http://users.esc.net.au/~ooyeah/Forumpic/Korsun/blood.jpg[/IMG]

Brubaker

brent_2 -> (8/1/2003 9:08:12 PM)

THE BLOOD!!

snoopy84 -> (8/1/2003 10:48:09 PM)

Sorry, I forgot that players can cause heavy damage to themselves while taking heavy/unexpected casualities in wargames. So there is a possibility for blood getting on the screen. ;)

Raindog101 -> Re: Korsun Pocket wins "Editors Choice" award, gets 5/5 ! (8/2/2003 6:34:39 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]Hi guys,

I´m proud to announce that Korsun Pocket won Computer Gaming World's "Editors Choice" award!

Computer Gaming World - September 2003 issue
[B]Korsun Pocket, 5 out of 5 stars, Editors Choice[/B]

“The best hex-based wargame ever made. Period.”

“Somehow, Korsun Pocket manages to capture everything that’s compelling about historical wargaming and presents it as a tremendous game.” [/B][/QUOTE]

CGW will be the the to tell you they only review finished games. If it's finished, where is it?

e_barkmann -> (8/2/2003 8:04:31 PM)

[QUOTE] If it's finished, where is it?[/QUOTE]

several forum members have reported receiving their copies already. Perhaps the courier in your area has been delayed?

Cheers Chris

Raindog101 -> (8/3/2003 4:23:14 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris Merchant
[B]several forum members have reported receiving their copies already. Perhaps the courier in your area has been delayed?

Cheers Chris [/B][/QUOTE]

This is a possibility.

My "courier" is an idiot who can't tell the difference between my house and the neighbor's house 6 miles down the road.

My neighbor could be playing it now.

Huskalator -> (8/4/2003 5:36:10 AM)

I went to EB here in KC today. They said they weren't going to get it in until Tuesday. :(

****, thats going to be two looooong work days coming up.

Spaceman -> (8/5/2003 1:04:12 AM)

Any idea when this CGW makes it to Europe? Or is it PC Gamer or soemthing similar here. I'd like to support them after all - and have something else to read whilst I am waiting for the game (apart from the excellent postings and WAR site)

Space§man

riverbravo -> (8/5/2003 4:22:34 AM)

Congrats.....Beers all around!!

"Joss" Osborne -> (8/5/2003 9:39:04 PM)

EB near me says it will be in today! So I'm stopping at Costco and picking up the big can of coffee and getting my office ready for late night action!

A big [SIZE=3]THANKS[/SIZE] to everyone involved in this project as I will now be able to fully recover from the withdrawal pain and agony I've been experiencing from my hobby due to the lack of new/quality games.

I can now put the TOAW disk back in the jewel case! Whoo hooo!

Great job Matrix!

Now, if we can only get Combat Leader out the door.............................:D

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (8/14/2003 9:41:19 AM)

Congrats on the recognition for Korsun Pocket.

Now let's make this a trend :)

Today Korsun Pocket, tomorrow the entire wargaming market !!

Ok I will settle for just several more good titles from Matrix Games hehe.

Marc von Martial -> Korsun Pocket wins "Silver Award", gets 80% ! (8/14/2003 5:49:02 PM)

Hi guys,

german Computer Gaming review and community website Gamershall ([url]www.gamershall.de[/url]) has awarded Korsun Pocket with the "Silver Award" and rated it with 80%.

"Für eine gute Spielumsetzung , gute Detailtreue und hervorragende AI verleiht Gamershall den Silver Award ! "

[URL=http://www.gamershall.de/NUKEPORTAL/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=223]KP review (german) at Gamershall[/URL]

Croaker -> Excellent Game! (10/23/2003 11:52:31 PM)

This is an excellent game and I am glad I had not given up on Matrix. What I like is the clean interface. I do not go to sleep trying to remember obscure commands etc. I also like the graphics and the density of information on the map. It seems to play semi-realistically. I would like more info on what is known about the armaments of the different units. Bakke's unit was a Tiger-equipped unit right? What are the SU units equipped with? etc. The main thing is that this game is fun to play. That is not true about a large percentage of new games. Steel Panthers was fun to play also. I hope this system can be adapted to a wide variety of operational WWII situations! Very good job SSG and Matrix!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI