More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Tchey -> More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 10:54:03 AM)

Hello,

Sometime when i fight, i see that if i engage more troops, the ratio actually becomes worst for me.
ie something like 4.2 : 1 to 3.9 : 1 when i add one infantry

What did i miss ?

Smidlee -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 10:59:37 AM)

Navy Seals. More isn't always better so if you throw in too many troops especially weak troops they will hinder you chances of success just like if you send me with the Navy Seal mission. I would do more harm than good.

Falke -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 11:03:55 AM)

Probably that they are in different OHQ

Thomas8 -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 12:00:40 PM)

Vic said that 'ratio' is result of background rolling of 'example' fight - since fight is random, ratio can also be random.

Culthrasa -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 12:04:23 PM)

There are also penalties if the enemy has less subunits then you. Not enough targets to go around so to say...
You can check all the individual bonusses penalties and see which changes so you can work out which penatly (like those mentioned above too) are applicable..

Medway -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 3:32:57 PM)

Try removing and adding again. I saw this too but the new ratio went back up. As others said it's somewhat random.

KingHalford -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 3:35:14 PM)

There's a 50% penalty to concentric attack bonus if there are units participating that have different HQs

zgrssd -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 5:48:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tchey

Hello,

Sometime when i fight, i see that if i engage more troops, the ratio actually becomes worst for me.
ie something like 4.2 : 1 to 3.9 : 1 when i add one infantry

What did i miss ?

Sounds like the Stacking Bonus for me.
Possibly the penalty for Multiple OHQ's on Concentric Attack modifier.

Concentric attack is the best combat bonus you can get. Also increase the stacking limit.

You got 25 posts, so you should be able to give us a screenshoot by now. Of the Combat window only, of course.

Malevolence -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 6:12:22 PM)

Too many shooters and too few targets. Results in over servicing targets. It is most conspicuous in the behavior of untrained and inexperienced troops.

At the most basic, try to get 50 men with knives to kill 1 man. Only the closest five or six are going to do the killing. With rifles you get fratricide.

This is a surface area danger diagram--used when laying out a range. The same concept is used when you create engagement areas covered by battle positions and when you plan assaults (much more difficult).

[image]local://upfiles/34589/D4E470AEDB5D4B1EB6E864D312F90CBF.jpg[/image]

Malevolence -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 6:37:48 PM)

It took me a few turns to re-create such a condition. See the tooltip in the image.

Each of those icons with estimates--on both sides--provide tooltips with added information. Look at them closely before major engagements.

[image]local://upfiles/34589/C1848F6A2E924FFCA419FBCCDCAA6187.jpg[/image]

Tchey -> RE: More troops in combat = bad ratio ? (6/21/2020 8:14:19 PM)

Thanks for all these inputs.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI