News (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Le Tondu -> News (7/31/2003 4:21:31 AM)

While it isn't good news, it really isn't unexpected news.

What is unexpected is the method by which we become informed of this news.

I am speaking of the PIPELINE article in the September Issue of Computer Gaming World Magazine (#230). It says that Empire in Arms will be released in the third quarter of 2003.

What I don't understand is how "they" could tell a magazine but NOT tell us.

soapyfrog -> (7/31/2003 5:51:06 AM)

Isn't the 3rd quarter July-September?

Since "they" said SUMMER 2003, 3rd quarter fits perfectly (Summer ends the 22nd of September or summink).

:D

Games are late 90% of the time though, so dont hold your breath. :D :D :D

denisonh -> (7/31/2003 7:20:35 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by soapyfrog
[B]Isn't the 3rd quarter July-September?

Since "they" said SUMMER 2003, 3rd quarter fits perfectly (Summer ends the 22nd of September or summink).

Games are late 90% of the time though, so dont hold your breath. :D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly.

And I would rather the game be delayed to address issues raised during beta test, resulting in a more complete and quality game when released.

How many times have we seen a great concept for a computer game ruined because development was rushed? Anybody want that?

Let the process run, and let Matrix do as they promise: provide us with a quality product. So let us provide input for Matrix, give feedback and express interest [B]WITHOUT EXCESSIVE PRESSURE FOR A QUICK RELEASE[/B] .

Quality, Quality, Quality.

I want a GOOD game dammit!

Like the golden rule of contracting/programming goes: Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two.

ASHBERY76 -> (7/31/2003 7:28:08 AM)

I'm suprised that not a single screenshot had been released showing the interface,sprites,etc considering how the long the game's been developed.:confused:

Le Tondu -> (7/31/2003 9:09:08 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by soapyfrog
[B]Isn't the 3rd quarter July-September?

Games are late 90% of the time though, so dont hold your breath. :D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, of course you are right soapyfrog. Sorry about that everyone.

mmurray821 -> (8/1/2003 8:47:01 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by denisonh
[B]Like the golden rule of contracting/programming goes: Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two. [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't forget, Fast and Cheap are mutually exclusive.
;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI