Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Mathieas -> Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 1:26:04 AM)

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's any easy way to see the composition of a unit in the stratagem add unit interface? I find it difficult when wanting to add militia priests or truck convoy or other unit add-ons without tediously toggling between the map and where they're located back to the stratagem interface in order to determine who needs which add-on. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Twotribes -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 1:40:07 AM)

Not that I have seen I always screw up and put two in one by mistake but I noticed with the new beta's you go right back to the unit you just put one on if you click target with the perk highlighted.

Mathieas -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 1:41:51 AM)

Thank you for the response. You bring up another question that I have, based on the tool tip of the card it appears that you need to have multiple attachments to benefit the entire unit. Am I reading this correctly or does the single attached unit affect all members of a battalion or regiment or any level in a single collected unit?

Twotribes -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 1:43:49 AM)

No I am pretty sure if you have multiple units in the single formation the card only aids one but someone else may know for sure.

willgamer -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 2:32:01 AM)

Using the Order of Battle (OoB) tab is one possibility.

zgrssd -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 8:51:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mathieas

Thank you for the response. You bring up another question that I have, based on the tool tip of the card it appears that you need to have multiple attachments to benefit the entire unit. Am I reading this correctly or does the single attached unit affect all members of a battalion or regiment or any level in a single collected unit?

For all units feats, there is a limit for:
1 how many units feats in total a unit can have
2 how many of this specific feat a unit can hae
3 how many subunits this feat embedds with (has effect on)

Generally 3 is the smalest, way smaler then 2. So you never get 100% of a Unit affected by 1 Feat.

ZiggyMaca -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 10:37:58 AM)

quote:

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's any easy way to see the composition of a unit in the stratagem add unit interface? I find it difficult when wanting to add militia priests or truck convoy or other unit add-ons without tediously toggling between the map and where they're located back to the stratagem interface in order to determine who needs which add-on. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Related, what I do is have the unit tab selected in the bottom pane, and use the STRAT (on the unit main info) button to assign the card. It goes right to the Unit Tab in stratagem window, and you can see the card in the bottom pane to search for units with or without cards.

actrade -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 12:03:57 PM)

I do what Ziggy does, but it would be nice if we could see all units and their cards on one screen! Vic?

Mathieas -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 2:53:15 PM)

Thank you all for your responses! When mousing over a feat is has a "Ratio feat: Subsunit 1:10" for example. What does that mean? Some feats are 1:5 or 1:1 but of those all show embedding with 3 sub units.

Ziggy: You said this "and you can see the card in the bottom pane to search for units with or without cards." Are you referring to window in the bottom left that contains the list of units in the selected hex?

Thank you all again!

Sieppo -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 3:21:18 PM)

Yeah I mostly do not use unit cards since it's a real pain to scroll through units in the target tab. Will try out the method Ziggy is using.

zgrssd -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 3:29:02 PM)

quote:

Thank you all for your responses! When mousing over a feat is has a "Ratio feat: Subsunit 1:10" for example. What does that mean? Some feats are 1:5 or 1:1 but of those all show embedding with 3 sub units.

Ratio: That you can only have 1 instance of this feat per 10, 5 or 1 subunit.
Note that there is also total Limit of 1 Unit Feat (any type) per subunit.
Embedding: That 3 subunits can be affected by any instance of this feat.

Mathieas -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 4:02:19 PM)

Thank you Zgrssd, I wonder then if there is a bug. Currently I have a unit with 10 subunits(1000 infantry) and I was able to put 3 priests(1:10 ratio) into this unit in hopes of giving the bonus to 9/10 of those subunits. Should it have blocked me?

zgrssd -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 4:08:49 PM)

quote:

Thank you Zgrssd, I wonder then if there is a bug. Currently I have a unit with 10 subunits(1000 infantry) and I was able to put 3 priests(1:10 ratio) into this unit in hopes of giving the bonus to 9/10 of those subunits. Should it have blocked me?

Nope, not blocking. But the priests are prone to vanish during end-turn, till that ratio is met again

ZiggyMaca -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/27/2020 4:22:41 PM)

quote:

Ziggy: You said this "and you can see the card in the bottom pane to search for units with or without cards." Are you referring to window in the bottom left that contains the list of units in the selected hex?
Pretty much, that or use the OOB to 'list' all your unit, select them, look at the bottom pain unit info. If it does not have or you want to add a card, press the 'STRAT" button on the min info information (the one that show HQ info). Select the card, apply it, move on to the next unit, with the OBB or the left most unit info pane that shows all the unit in the hex, or click on the map on a new unit.

Thank you all again!

TruJared -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/28/2020 10:10:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZiggyMaca

quote:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Related, what I do is have the unit tab selected in the bottom pane, and use the STRAT (on the unit main info) button to assign the card. It goes right to the Unit Tab in stratagem window, and you can see the card in the bottom pane to search for units with or without cards.

I just started doing this last night. Works wonderfully!

Mathieas -> RE: Adding unit cards to units, any way to quicky see what they have? (6/28/2020 4:43:17 PM)

Thank you all, the above suggestions have helped a ton! I am still going to cross my fingers for a UI update in this regard but the above methods at least reduce time and clicks by half to what I was doing :).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI