Win conditions in manual very different from game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

concern -> Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/4/2020 7:57:40 AM)

I have long since given up my 1% to win game after coming to a sudden understanding that the win conditions in the manual are significantly different from the game. Game manual states you need a victory score over 50 and a difference with your closest opponent of 25. Reality is that the game requires no other opponent above a 25 score. Extraordinarily different. I think the manual conditions are fairer, but that's not the game in practice.

lloydster4 -> RE: Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/4/2020 8:28:03 AM)

Huh?

eddieballgame -> RE: Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/4/2020 8:48:46 AM)

@concern...While I am not a huge fan of the current Victory requirement (I think this particular game could go deeper, what with all the requirements to maintain a successful & thriving empire); the winning condition as I understand it, is as follows.
Yes, you need a 'Victory Score' over 50 (not sure if just 50 will suffice) & you also need to be at least 25 points ahead of the nearest opponent, of which that opponent does not need 25 points.
See the 'Redwolf' AAR as an example.

GodwinW -> RE: Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/4/2020 11:41:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: concern

I have long since given up my 1% to win game after coming to a sudden understanding that the win conditions in the manual are significantly different from the game. Game manual states you need a victory score over 50 and a difference with your closest opponent of 25. Reality is that the game requires no other opponent above a 25 score. Extraordinarily different. I think the manual conditions are fairer, but that's not the game in practice.

Ah so that's why I assumed that!! I found that out the hard way as well, and I assumed I'd just always read it wrong, but I read it in the manual that it works like this.

I really think it's the better one of the two, with the 25 point difference.

concern -> RE: Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/4/2020 10:02:02 PM)

So can I clarify with everyone, the actual win conditions require no other opponent to be over 25 score?

GodwinW -> RE: Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/4/2020 11:02:29 PM)

Currently yes

Pi2repsilon -> RE: Win conditions in manual very different from game (7/5/2020 8:13:56 AM)

File a bug report in tech support to get either manual or game updated, when you find discrepancies between manual and game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI