-cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Lowpe -> -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/12/2020 3:42:16 AM)

For those that complain that Windows 10 runs the game poorly:

For whatever reason I never combined the two switches in the title together until today.

I put them in today along with my normal selections which include:

-dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo -f -SingleCpuOrders -cpu8 -multiaudio -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor

My goodness...my game runs at breakneck speed now. I have run the game on many computers over the years, win7, win 8, many many linux platforms, and windows 10. .

Windows 10 is by far and away the best performance. Perhaps if I ran the current cpu in windows 7 it would surpass it, but all my machines that run that system are now aging gracefully.

BTW, the game runs equally as fast windowed and non standard resolutions after some quick testing.

Of course this is particular to my hardware, but it really is smoking fast!

BBfanboy -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/12/2020 4:30:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

For whatever reason I never combined the two switches in the title together until today.

-dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo -f -SingleCpuOrders -cpu8 -multiaudio -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor

My goodness...my game runs at breakneck speed now. I have run the game on many computers over the years, win7, win 8, many many linux platforms, and windows 10. .

Windows 10 is by far and away the best performance. Perhaps if I ran the current cpu in windows 7 it would surpass it, but all my machines that run that system are now aging gracefully.

BTW, the game runs equally as fast windowed and non standard resolutions after some quick testing.

I found out about that combo of switches some time ago. The one thing that is still slow during turn execution is the night phase Coastwatcher Reports. Even if I hit the Esc key, the game spends about 3 seconds at each location - but only on night phase. During the day it whistles through those reports per my settings.
Does your system have any slowness during night phase execution?

Lowpe -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/12/2020 11:02:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

I found out about that combo of switches some time ago. The one thing that is still slow during turn execution is the night phase Coastwatcher Reports. Even if I hit the Esc key, the game spends about 3 seconds at each location - but only on night phase. During the day it whistles through those reports per my settings.
Does your system have any slowness during night phase execution?

I am just playing the ai right now, and have combat animations and summaries off. I timed my last turn at 2 minutes and 14 seconds. Absolutely no delay with coastal watchers, in fact I have never had that slowdown. The longest slow down is calculating air superiority. After the replay, and entering orders the gui changes is super fast too. It was always more than acceptable, but now it is screaming fast.

Most times I click finish turn, and then alt tab out of the program and let it work in the background while I do something else. No problems.

Uncivil Engineer -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/13/2020 2:08:07 PM)

quote:

+1

After reading this I added -cpu2 to my string, which previously had -SingleCPUOrders and several others. Gone are the days of click and wait. Everything runs great!

BBfanboy -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/13/2020 8:24:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

quote:

+1

After reading this I added -cpu2 to my string, which previously had -SingleCPUOrders and several others. Gone are the days of click and wait. Everything runs great!

I think it was MichaelM that clarified that CPU1 is the default and the Windows OS runs most stuff on CPU 1, so that slows down the game. CPU2 can be used by other background utilities so MichaelM recommended CPU3 or CPU4 for the switch.

Lowpe -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/13/2020 9:21:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I think it was MichaelM that clarified that CPU1 is the default and the Windows OS runs most stuff on CPU 1, so that slows down the game. CPU2 can be used by other background utilities so MichaelM recommended CPU3 or CPU4 for the switch.

And I have gone whole hog to -cpu8![:D]

Nomad -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/13/2020 9:49:28 PM)

I have never had any problems with the speed of turn execution except I need to have the -dd_sw switch to speed up the night coastwatcher messages.

Nomad -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/13/2020 9:51:41 PM)

quote:

quote:

+1

Just make sure it is -SingleCpuOrders not what you posted.

Lowpe -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/13/2020 10:00:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

quote:

+1

Just make sure it is -SingleCpuOrders not what you posted.

oops, good catch!

Uncivil Engineer -> RE: -cpu# & -SingleCpuOrders Switches & Windows 10 (7/14/2020 10:15:09 AM)

I did have CPU in caps, changed it to Cpu and seems to be even faster!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI