I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

godochaos -> I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 5:43:03 PM)

Assuming heart is courage, or guts, then rejecting a blackmail attempt shouldn't cause me to lose heart

any thoughts on this? maybe a mis-translation?

Malevolence -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 6:26:56 PM)

quote:

Heart denotes a people who have faith and belief in each other and their joint struggle.

That said, I've never grokked Heart in this game.

It seems to be anytime you reply no to any request, regardless of how egregious or irrational. It's the codependency psychology profile of the game.

seeking beautiful women with lots of heart

JDBSM -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 7:15:40 PM)

"Heart denotes a people who have faith and belief in each other and their joint struggle"

If rejecting a blackmail attempt leads to damaging information becoming public, wouldn't that damage your national pride?

Edit: ^^ A nice story, but wrong. Vic gives the reason below.

Malevolence -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 7:51:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JDBSM

"Heart denotes a people who have faith and belief in each other and their joint struggle"

If rejecting a blackmail attempt leads to damaging information becoming public, wouldn't that damage your national pride?

Logical, if somewhat twisted. Faith would be damaged. I agree with your assessment.

A national obsession with intrigue and mistrust could develop.

Better to pay and keep it secret. [8D]

[image]local://upfiles/34589/AF916846682A47D0B64A686F4946A6A7.jpg[/image]

godochaos -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 9:15:27 PM)

I always interpreted the blackmail as more of a strong arm thing

We will attack you unless you pay us 800cr!

I have heart and I'm not going to let you pick on me, i choose to not pay

Lose heart

BUT i've been known to scan some of the text and not actually read it all so maybe I need to revisit it

Destragon -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 9:18:27 PM)

When it comes to decisions that were caused by another major power doing diplomacy with you, the value changes from the options can also be influenced by the regime values of that other major power. At least it's the case when they are giving you a gift and you get to refuse it.

Lovenought -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/20/2020 10:11:34 PM)

Honestly, I almost feel like Heart represents the philosophy of those villagers from Hot Fuzz.

Vic -> RE: I lose heart if I refuse to be blackmailed (7/21/2020 8:57:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lovenought

Honestly, I almost feel like Heart represents the philosophy of those villagers from Hot Fuzz.

A favourable response to a Major Diplomatic decision moves you closer to their core profile while a negative response moves you away from them.

So it is more the counter reaction to being negative to this Major that causes your people to instinctively shy away from their ideology.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI