Completed game as Allies - bugs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support

Cigar King -> Completed game as Allies - bugs? (7/22/2020 12:11:52 AM)

After I took Paris I kept getting a message that Vichy had low oil. I tried sending from both Britain and the USA. Was never able to get the message to go away.

Was not sure that Vichy got any of the productions points I sent either.

As the Russians retake territory, they should have to convert the rail, just as the Germans do.

When Germany surrendered the USA got some Russian territory. That should revert back to Russia.

US logistics is low. The British have more than they do. The Allies spent all their logistics by early 43. Perhaps for the British that makes sense, but, the US was hitting it's stride in 44, so they seem low.

The victory is still wacked. Game ended in May 44, France got a Major Victory, Italy a minor. All the other did worse. Suggest that surviving winning powers get a multiplier by the time left in the game.

I really think something needs to be done about the naval air attacks on transports. It's completely unhistorical to wipe out 50,000 men in an air attack. Suggest the units suffer casualties and readiness instead.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Completed game as Allies - bugs? (7/22/2020 3:18:00 PM)

#1 Please specify the situation. Who took Paris, what year, which Vichy?

#2 Make sure you have enough extra merchant marine

#3 Both countries have scorched earth so yes retreating Germans damage rail as they go. But you are right it isn't working for the Russians. I'll check.

#4 How did the USA get into Russia? Or was it a minor country?

#5 In which way is it low? What did you build.

#6 The individual victories are just historical conditions. There should be a giant popup about the side. This could have been fixed in the beta I forgot.

#7 I have been thinking about that actually.

Cigar King -> RE: Completed game as Allies - bugs? (7/22/2020 10:51:04 PM)

1) The Allies took Paris. The Summer of '43. Vichy France. (mainland)

2) I'm pretty sure I did. I was able to send production to Russia. Canceling the Russian trade did not appear to help.

4) The US never got into Russia. When the Germans surrendered, the Russian territory occupied by the Germans was given to the US.

5) The total logistics points for the US is lower than the total logistics points for Britain.

7) Glad to hear it. I was thinking that maybe they could just lose their action points. No invasion. That might be easier to implement in the game.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Completed game as Allies - bugs? (7/23/2020 2:19:08 AM)

#1 Probable the rail wasn't fully repaired.

#4 Part of the process. But I will make sure it doesn't remove an ally

#5 It's due to the UK fleet and the fact the USA couldn't supply more than 90 divisions overseas. You can think of the rest of their logistics as supply support naval assets. That concept is difficult to add in a game like this so we just say it is X and adjust.

Cigar King -> RE: Completed game as Allies - bugs? (7/24/2020 2:11:41 AM)

If I'm reading the OB correctly the US Army in Europe at the start of 1945 consisted of 60 Infantry, 4 Airborne, and 16 Armored. Add the navy they start the game with and that's almost all their logistics points in the game. What about the airforce and additional naval units? While Supply was a critical issue, the real problem there was the lack of ports, Antwerp was a big relief there. I still think they should have more logistics points. Just my two Quatloos.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Completed game as Allies - bugs? (7/24/2020 2:59:47 PM)

The port situation in France is correct. It simulates the problems the Allies had. They can't supply everything and have to be careful about how they buy and distribute units.

In SC they have a fixed force pool. Warplan doesn't. With a fixed force pool you don't have to worry about other balancing factors. But with a flexible pool you do. Thus why oil units cost more for supply and ports limit what you can put there.

Like with no supply limitation the Axis can dump 4 armor in Africa easily and plow their way to Cairo. WarPlan you can't. You will burn through stockpile and supply trucks faster than you can replenish them and they will poop out.

Also due to the Airforce difference in size, scope, and playability some things have to be adjusted. Note that the US infantry is slightly better in stats than any other nation. Which compensates.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI