Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

OPilot -> Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/26/2020 3:00:42 PM)

WITPAE has the victory points for an SST Yu class sub as 22 but Tracker has it as 7 points. This sub has a displacement of only 273 tons and so 7 points seems more reasonable. Is WITPAE really crediting the Allies with 22 victory points for sinking a Type Yu sub? The durability of the Type Yu is 22 in both WITPAE and Tracker. Which victory point value should I go with when deciding whether or not to risk losing one of these small subs that can transport only 40 tons of supplies? Is there a glitch in WITPAE or Tracker that leads to this discrepancy in victory points?

Alfred -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/26/2020 5:03:34 PM)

There is no bug here.  The VPs are WAD.

Alfred

Lowpe -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/26/2020 5:26:30 PM)

OPilot,

I use those subs all the time.

I pick very low aggression high naval skill leaders, and I set their routing controls to low threat, safer. I don't believe I have ever lost one with those changes and I tend to micro manage them a bit...you have to as they are sub transports.

You have to be somewhat careful in how you use them.

In all honesty they aren't really great ships.

OPilot -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 1:18:49 AM)

Alfred

Sorry, I don't know what WAD is an acronym for? Should I go with 22 or 7 for the victory points?

OPilot

Nomad -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 1:41:42 AM)

WAD = Working As Designed.

GetAssista -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 4:00:31 AM)

Sinking one of those very few IJ Army subs deals a hu-u-ge blow to the Army morale. That's why those high VPs :)

Yaab -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 4:44:08 AM)

At 22 VPs, they are future dock queens for sure.

Uncivil Engineer -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 8:24:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Not if you don't build them.

Lowpe -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 1:17:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

quote:

Not if you don't build them.

Heresy! How could you go a game without them? That would be like playing without the Stella.[:D]

GetAssista -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 2:20:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Heresy! How could you go a game without them? That would be like playing without the Stella.[:D]

Heresy! No self-respecting JFB plays without THE Stella! It is carrier capable and lets you resize IJAF groups on CVs [:D]

Yaab -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 5:56:27 PM)

Stella has insane maneuver rating. Cannot be hit by heavy flak guns.

GetAssista -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 7:09:01 PM)

quote:

Would be strange cause heavy flak is area denial weapon not on-target. Maneuvers do not help here unless they are fast altitude changes and speed (Stella is capable of none) to throw off the area guesstimate

BBfanboy -> RE: Victory Points for Japanese Type Yu Transport Sub (7/27/2020 7:31:56 PM)

quote:

I think "5 O'clock Charlie" in the MASH episode was a Stella. It's sputtering engine provided all the maneuvering needed. It even got Maj. Burns' 40MM Bofors to hit the ammo dump for it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI