Locking other features PBEM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Galka -> Locking other features PBEM (8/3/2003 8:49:46 AM)

I've decided with another player in H2H FR to not use ID Tags during our game.

It has proved to be an interesting experience, as some of the camo patterns are approaching realism.

In future I'd like to make no ID tags a condition of a game.
Is it possible to have the choice of locking this preference off, and perhaps the move radius preference too? That might deter opportunities of shoot and hide, for those who wish to lock it.

It might prove to be better than CC if you think about it.

Gallo Rojo -> Re: Locking other features PBEM (8/6/2003 11:01:48 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Galka
[B]I've decided with another player in H2H FR to not use ID Tags during our game.

It has proved to be an interesting experience, as some of the camo patterns are approaching realism.

In future I'd like to make no ID tags a condition of a game.
Is it possible to have the choice of locking this preference off, and perhaps the move radius preference too? That might deter opportunities of shoot and hide, for those who wish to lock it.

It might prove to be better than CC if you think about it. [/B][/QUOTE]

those are two good ideas!
I played some PBEM games without using move radius preference ... and the result is very interesting.

Another thingh that I use to do is setting the Message Delay at XXX ... this way you don't recieve any message saying thinghs such as "88mm guns shooting from 23 hexes" ... I find this much more realistic ... you have to figure out what have shooted at you by looking the size of the explosion and the noise of the gun

If you like to try a PBEM under this parameters, send me an email to [email]exequiel_lopresti@yahoo.com.ar[/email] ... I woluld like to play Soviets (me) vs Germans (you) in early 1943

very best
Gallo Rojo

tiggwigg -> (8/7/2003 5:58:25 AM)

Rather than no ID tags, I think no ENEMY ID tags is the thing.

Trying to find your own vehicles in Winter camouflage on a winter map will send you blind faster than anything I know...at least if they are tagged they are obvious and easy to check.

Then there is the player personality question. There are those who will access every unit and change its facing before cycling through possible target, in order to gain some advantage if ID tags are turned off...so reducing the benefit of turning tags off...but they are few

Gallo Rojo -> (8/7/2003 7:57:51 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tiggwigg
[B]Rather than no ID tags, I think no ENEMY ID tags is the thing.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Uhmm ... now that I read carefully I discover that we're talking about ID Tags, I had thought that we were talking about Numbering Units ... I always play ID Tags OFF and I don't have problems finding my units in the map. Playing with Number Units OFF may be a challenge.

Belisarius -> (8/7/2003 1:20:12 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gallo Rojo
[B]Playing with Number Units OFF may be a challenge. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ugh, no sh*t. Good luck finding your units I say. :eek:

Gallo Rojo -> (8/7/2003 6:42:33 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]Ugh, no sh*t. Good luck finding your units I say. :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well ... I give a try ... and I couldn't find my own infantry :cool: (not a "cool" smile but a "blind guy" smile ;-) )

Then I decided to change to "Number only my Infantry" ... and then I could find all my units. Only problem there is that tanks of a same platoon doesn't got higth-lighted when you pick a tank (and also you have to look carefully to see which vehicles are advandoned and which ones are still in the fight)

tiggwigg -> (8/8/2003 4:11:51 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gallo Rojo
[B]... I always play ID Tags OFF and I don't have problems finding my units in the map. Playing with Number Units OFF may be a challenge. [/B][/QUOTE]

A maximum zoom, I too have no problem...but if I zoom out for a large view many units can be indistinguishable from the background terrain without ID tags on.

One of my opponents had vision problems, and he had great difficulty finding units even with maximum zoom and ID tags on...he couldn't play winter battles because he couldn't find the units...so it doesn't work for everyone...but as an option, why not.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI