Shore bombardment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

boldairade -> Shore bombardment (7/27/2020 1:48:53 PM)

so, as far as i can tell, battleships do NOT aid in amphibious/coastal attacks?

BrutalReaper -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/29/2020 4:41:40 PM)

I have not been able to figure this out either! Following in case someone can give you an answer.

Harrybanana -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/29/2020 6:24:04 PM)

I saw it happen once, but didn't pay attention to the circumstances. There are some hexes that can be occupied by both ships and land units (other than ports). My belief is that ships in these hexes with friendly land units will help the defense if the land units are attacked.

boldairade -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/29/2020 8:20:02 PM)

beach hexes?

boldairade -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/29/2020 8:20:15 PM)

beach hexes?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/30/2020 2:35:06 AM)

Yes beach hexes. I am actually considering to make it a 1 hex radius

Harrybanana -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/30/2020 3:09:18 AM)

I don't think just beach hexes. There are other part land and part sea hexes that are not beach hexes. If you click on a naval unit you can see which hexes it can be moved to. Note that likely some of them (that are not beaches or ports) can also be occupied by a land unit.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/30/2020 2:46:21 PM)

When the fleet is in the same hex

Uxbridge -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/30/2020 5:38:57 PM)

Why not defense and attack bonus when in same hex and (reduced) attack bonus when 1 hex out? The latter could portrait support in planned offensives. I don't think there should be a defensive 1-hex bonus in the opponent's turn. Of course there were occasions when fire was called in, but on this scale it would be too much if you could always count on it.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/30/2020 7:31:11 PM)

It's a good idea but doesn't solve the gamey issue I am contenting with this decision.

What stops the Allies from parking a fleet next to every hex for support all the time. I would.

Cigar King -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/30/2020 11:15:55 PM)

Well, there is the threat of air attack on the fleets. That being said, the Allies effectively did this in Italy. Many of the German attacks there were broken up by the shelling from the ships off shore.

battlevonwar -> RE: Shore bombardment (7/31/2020 2:49:04 AM)

Fleets supporting infantry everywhere. Be nice to have fleets support an amphibious assault it would give some feel they are part of land fighting.

As far as parking them everywhere, hmm, probably wouldn't matter except in terribly thin locations where the Axis or Allies have to protect a narrow corridor or location like Gibraltar. But add something in the game someone will exploit it!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cigar King

Well, there is the threat of air attack on the fleets. That being said, the Allies effectively did this in Italy. Many of the German attacks there were broken up by the shelling from the ships off shore.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI