Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support

Cigar King -> Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/3/2020 1:29:48 AM)

Why? They're landlocked. It would seem to me that you should not need merchant marine to ship resources to any country you have a rail link to.

ncc1701e -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/3/2020 5:37:47 PM)

Do you have a screenshot of the supply situation? Are you sure the rail lines have not been cut by partisans?

Cigar King -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/3/2020 10:11:28 PM)

The rail lines to Hungry? From Germany? What partisans are we talking about here?

To be honest, I haven't looked, but, it's the same for every ally, Italy included. It makes no sense.

Cigar King -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/3/2020 10:16:45 PM)

I checked. There is a direct rail link to Hungry from Germany and Hungry still has no access to the sea.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/3/2020 11:19:23 PM)

2x check your version and the MM count.

I just tested it myself on the 1942 scenario.

Cigar King -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/4/2020 1:48:44 AM)

I'm running version 1.00.073. I also see that the link to the change log on the start screen goes the the release notes for 1.00.071. The Germans have 54 merchant marine. I'm playing the 39 scenario.

Again, why? Hungry, or for that matter any country linked by rail should not need to depend on merchant marine.

kennonlightfoot -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/4/2020 4:48:46 PM)

Are you seeing it listed in just the Convoy section?
Or in the Convoy Route section? And, if so what route is being showing ships in it?

Maybe they are sailing down the Danube.[:D]

ncc1701e -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/4/2020 9:12:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cigar King

I'm running version 1.00.073. I also see that the link to the change log on the start screen goes the the release notes for 1.00.071. The Germans have 54 merchant marine. I'm playing the 39 scenario.

Again, why? Hungry, or for that matter any country linked by rail should not need to depend on merchant marine.

I cannot replicate what you are saying. Can you post a screenshot with supply on?
I really wonder what is the status of the rail lines between Germany and Hungary. If they are broken by partisan, the resource may pass elsewhere.

Is yugoslovia neutral? etc... I need more clue.

Cigar King -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/5/2020 1:24:09 AM)

There's no way it's partisans. AFAIK, they don't appear in either Germany or Hungry. Yugoslavia is German.

Perhaps I am not understanding how transferring resources to the minors works. It's on the convoy screen and it's not clear what my merchant marine are doing. I am building some more now, and I want to see if that will increase the amount I can transfer.

kennonlightfoot -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/5/2020 1:49:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cigar King

There's no way it's partisans. AFAIK, they don't appear in either Germany or Hungry. Yugoslavia is German.

Perhaps I am not understanding how transferring resources to the minors works. It's on the convoy screen and it's not clear what my merchant marine are doing. I am building some more now, and I want to see if that will increase the amount I can transfer.

All resource transfers show on the Convoy screen (left side of the display) regardless of how they are being transported. The right side of the screen which shows the "Convoy Routes" indicates by having the ship symbols on the right whether your country has merchants in those routes. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the number of merchants so it is a little confusing as to what is moving where.

For example below, on the left side you see "5" resource points moving to Germany from Hungary.
On the right side though you see the ship symbol in only the Nordic Iron Ore and Baltic Convoy routes, which means these are the only ones you currently have merchants in. The label used for the left side is the thing confusing it. They aren't really "Convoys", they are Trade Routes. Hope this clarifys.

[image]local://upfiles/22005/D0D5A7270A2647B2912B024193028325.jpg[/image]

ComadrejaKorp -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/5/2020 11:59:18 PM)

I will tell you how I look at it in case it helps you, press T to see active convoy routes and with the cursor look to see how many pp (which is equal to the number of merchants employed) each of them transports, you will see the sum of all, those that you send and those you receive.

kennonlightfoot -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/6/2020 1:39:48 AM)

T key shows all possible Convoy routes. Both rail and ship. Hovering the mouse over the white line when it is in a sea hex will show how many resource points are being moved on that route. But nothing is shown on those that follow rail lines. You can only display the resources moving on them by using the "Convoy" tool button (don't know the shortcut key) which displays what I attached.

The green and red arrows on the left side of the display show whether its an import or export.
The ships icon (I circled in red) on the right side indicate whether you have merchant ships active on that Convoy Route.
The number of merchants being used on the route correspond to the number of resource points.

In above example it shows only two sea Convoy Routes being used by the Germans.

One is the Nordic Iron Ore which comes from Norway. It's 1 resource points so the Germans will have 1 Merchant on that route.
The only part of the route used is the Oslo to Germany. So be aware that the UK can put a sub on that short section and sink your Merchant.

The second on is the Baltic which the actual path used during summer to move Iron from Sweden. It's 25 resource point so the Germans will have 25 Merchant on this route. Normally the UK can't get past the mines to intercept it but when Russians enter they can. Before Denmark is taken the French navy can't play hell in there too.

When the weather closes the Baltic route all 26 Resource points will switch to the Nordic Iron Ore route. Sometimes the best solution to this is to shutdown the Nordic route by clicking on its name in the right section. While you can try to defend the route it usually to expensive to do. Shutting it down during winter only costs you about 260 production points due to the loss of the Sweden and Norway trade.

The export part for general supply (the third line of numbers in left side) I haven't figured out. I think they represent supply the Germans have to export to the various conquered countries that contain troops. As far as I can tell they don't use merchant ships. I suspect when supply is interdicted at ports it is referring to these numbers.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/6/2020 3:40:39 AM)

light blue number shows the supply stockpile at the destination port sent.

kennonlightfoot -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/6/2020 1:45:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

light blue number shows the supply stockpile at the destination port sent.

Interesting. Is there anything telling you how much was sent (or required by the port)?
The combat log tell you how much was intercepted but not how it affected the Port.
And, how do these numbers relate to the Port size and its supply capacity which I think is 20x that number?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Merchant Marine to transport resources to Hungry? (8/6/2020 3:25:21 PM)

hover over the port it will tell you.
When you hit "S" or the supply button and it will show you ports that used all the supplies and ones that have some left.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI