[Fixed] Station keeping slows down surface groups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

joey -> [Fixed] Station keeping slows down surface groups (8/7/2020 8:34:14 PM)

I must be missing something. I set the throttle for a task force to say 20 knots. I run the game for at 5x speed for one second. The speed is reset by the system to 8 knots. It does this over and over again. I have manual speed set, so I figure it should not do this. It does not do this to all of my task forces. The others operate normally, so I figure I missing something. I check all my ships in the task force; they all have a may speed that can handle 20 knots. Yet the system keeps resetting one task force to 8 knots.
Sooooo what did I overlook?

thewood1 -> RE: throttle (8/7/2020 8:42:54 PM)

How about posting a save or a little more info? Again, everyone will be guessing at an answer without something to go on. There are numerous things that could cause this. As the devs say...Please post a save.

joey -> RE: throttle (8/7/2020 8:55:29 PM)

Here is the save file. The Roosevelt Task force keeps resetting to 8 knots. I am not sure why. It is SW of Cyprus. It is next to the SSV Mirmyy.

boogabooga -> RE: throttle (8/7/2020 9:53:11 PM)

I tested it and I think it WAD.

When you select the group, there is a check box on the group status panel at left called 'Group Lead can slow down (group reform)'. Uncheck that to get your steady 20 kt, but then be advised that for some reason, you will not be able to keep formation well, if at all.

joey -> RE: throttle (8/7/2020 9:56:08 PM)

That was it. I knew I was missing something! I thank you so much. j

thewood1 -> RE: throttle (8/7/2020 10:37:56 PM)

And that's why posting a save is critical to a quick answer.

Figeac -> RE: throttle (8/7/2020 11:39:40 PM)

Actually, I think I posted something like this a few years ago. IMHO, when the 'Group Lead can slow down (group reform)' box is checked, the group leader (and so, all the group) should wait until all the ships get to their formation position and then return to the throttle set. But instead, apparently they keep their slow down speed.

No problem for us, humans, that can manually correct this, but for AI, as it is now, it could lead to a very slow TF (if the box is checked by the scenario designer) or an out-of-formation one (if it is not).

Rory Noonan -> RE: throttle (8/10/2020 12:33:04 AM)

Logged for investigation.

boogabooga -> RE: throttle (8/10/2020 6:20:15 AM)

Umm, I think this was resolved already?

Rory Noonan -> RE: throttle (8/10/2020 6:29:57 AM)

If it's okay with you, we will look into it to see if there's any improvements we can make.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: [Fixed] Station keeping slows down surface groups (8/26/2020 12:32:19 AM)

The issue where the surface group does not return to the original set speed after it finishes formation-keeping is fixed for the next update.

How to display the manual override speed vs. desired speed and the reason they may be different is under discussion.

Scorpion86 -> RE: [Fixed] Station keeping slows down surface groups (8/27/2020 12:43:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The issue where the surface group does not return to the original set speed after it finishes formation-keeping is fixed for the next update.

How to display the manual override speed vs. desired speed and the reason they may be different is under discussion.

Can I bother you for an ETA on the next "official" patch? From the amount of bugs marked as "fixed for the next update", it seems the next patch will be chock full of bug fixes! I'd like to have a notion of when I would finally be able to enjoy them! :p

Rory Noonan -> RE: [Fixed] Station keeping slows down surface groups (8/27/2020 3:32:29 AM)

Soon

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI