How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Rednettle -> How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (8/13/2020 2:16:34 PM)

I played DWU back then and found it too much of a headache/homework like. Should I just wait for DWU 2?

Retreat1970 -> RE: How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (8/13/2020 5:06:18 PM)

I'm sure DW2 will be similar.

Use selective automation. I let the AI control spies and ship design. For me ship design is the big one. The game is so much faster when you don't spend days designing ships. Are designed ships awesome? Sure. Do AI designed ships do the job? Yep.

Rednettle -> RE: How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (8/13/2020 7:11:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

I'm sure DW2 will be similar.

Use selective automation. I let the AI control spies and ship design. For me ship design is the big one. The game is so much faster when you don't spend days designing ships. Are designed ships awesome? Sure. Do AI designed ships do the job? Yep.

Ty for responding. I'm not looking for suggestions on how to play, but how it has changed in the past four years. :)

USSAmerica -> RE: How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (8/13/2020 9:06:51 PM)

Well, the last official patch/update was released in May of 2015, so I'd say it hasn't changed at all in the last 4 years. [:D]

Plenty of mod work has taken place if you look in that subforum. Otherwise, the development effort has all been focused on DW2.

Rednettle -> RE: How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (8/13/2020 10:44:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

Well, the last official patch/update was released in May of 2015, so I'd say it hasn't changed at all in the last 4 years. [:D]

Plenty of mod work has taken place if you look in that subforum. Otherwise, the development effort has all been focused on DW2.

That's what I was looking for. Thank you.

Retreat1970 -> RE: How has DW:U changed in the past 4 years? (8/14/2020 5:31:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rednettle

I played DWU back then and found it too much of a headache/homework like. Should I just wait for DWU 2?

Well you said it was a headache so I offered options.

USSAmerica is correct though. Bacon mod is the way to go but it will still be a headache I guess.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI