Soviet Black Sea Fleet Supply Bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Hartmann -> Soviet Black Sea Fleet Supply Bug (8/15/2020 8:26:58 PM)

In my last game as the Axis I noticed that the Soviet ships still had supply 8 indefinitely even though all their Black Sea ports were gone. Turkey was Axis too. Actually, I vaguely remember that I've reported this bug a couple of years back already (though I'm not 100% sure about that, it might have been the same bug, but with SC2). I think the game mistakenly thinks they got access to ports in the Caspian Sea (or even way up to Murmansk, though I doubt that would give supply 8).

Platoonist -> RE: Soviet Black Sea Fleet Supply Bug (8/15/2020 9:34:03 PM)

The manual states that once naval units are out of Port range they will not have their supply values reduced unless they:

1. Cruise
2. Raid a Convoy route
3. Engage in combat, whether in attack or defense

Since they likely aren't doing 1 or 2 in the narrow confines of the Black Sea, are they keeping the same supply level of eight even when attacking or being attacked?

Hartmann -> RE: Soviet Black Sea Fleet Supply Bug (8/16/2020 3:29:53 PM)

Oh ... then that would explain it. Though it doesn't feel quit right, I gather that more strict supply rules would cause too much micromanagement and would probably also overwhelm the AI's capabilities.

Platoonist -> RE: Soviet Black Sea Fleet Supply Bug (8/16/2020 3:59:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartmann

Though it doesn't feel quit right.

I would tend to agree. When the crews of the 30th U-boat Flotilla (the U-boats that operated in the Black Sea) found themselves stranded without a port in 1944, they just scuttled their remaining subs near the Turkish coast and headed home. Can't do much except bob around in the water without someplace for replenishment & maintenance.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI