AutoSave Folder (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

Divadov -> AutoSave Folder (8/16/2020 3:21:33 PM)

From the beginning I have never been able to save the games in C:\Users\Name\Downloads folder or similar. The option "save as" ignore mi orders and always saves them in the scenario folder.

A few weeks ago I updated Windows8 to Windows10 and I have gone crazy looking where the program saved the files, at the end I found it in: C\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios...

How can I save the files where I want?

rkr1958 -> RE: AutoSave Folder (8/16/2020 3:52:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Divadov

From the beginning I have never been able to save the games in C:\Users\Name\Downloads folder or similar. The option "save as" ignore mi orders and always saves them in the scenario folder.

A few weeks ago I updated Windows8 to Windows10 and I have gone crazy looking where the program saved the files, at the end I found it in: C\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios...

How can I save the files where I want?
Sounds like a permissions issue in windows. Though no help to you but I have no problem using "save as" to save a game file anywhere I wish or for that matter to browse to and open a game file anywhere I've saved or moved them to.

Divadov -> RE: AutoSave Folder (8/16/2020 7:39:15 PM)

If I play the game as administrator the files are saved in Program Files (x86)... like before the update to Windows10 [:)]

Although I continue without can save the game where I want, it is an advance.

Divadov -> RE: AutoSave Folder (3/21/2021 7:40:23 PM)

After few months without play. I have updated to the latest version 4.2.0.0 and I see that it still cannot save the games in the folder that I want, it always saves them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Scenario Name\Saved Games

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: AutoSave Folder (5/21/2021 2:36:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Divadov

After few months without play. I have updated to the latest version 4.2.0.0 and I see that it still cannot save the games in the folder that I want, it always saves them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Scenario Name\Saved Games

I checked the code and it will always save manual saves as you described. The only difference being that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames

may be replaced by the directory name where you have the MWIF.exe that you execute. For example, I have mine on my D: drive.

---

I'll think about adding an option to the Player Interface form to let a player set a different folder as the destination for saved games. Nothing promised here - but I am at least aware of your request now.

Divadov -> RE: AutoSave Folder (5/21/2021 7:50:22 AM)

Thanks, better late than never ;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI