Suggestion For Late Game: Fate Point Spicyness (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

Atomikkrab -> Suggestion For Late Game: Fate Point Spicyness (8/17/2020 11:48:03 PM)

Just a bit of an idle suggestion but one which as an option would add some spice to multi-player games and perhaps high difficulty single player.

So here it goes, It seems in a lot of games if one player has gotten a bit ahead that can swiftly snowball into them being untouchable in a war even if every other player gangs up on them. So to add a twist my idea is thus:

Fate Pack when you lose a city to another MAJOR power, one with some special options not found in regular fate packs. Now these would be expensive so the person getting them would either need a reserve of FP or to play some of the more damaging negative fate cards. But some ideas

A card that spawns a strong rebellion using good tech (or maybe angry angry sentinel bonanza?) in an enemy zone.
A super unit to use in your own forces. like an independent cataphract battalion etc.
Single use IBCM launcher along the lines of a Hellraiser.
A Card to spawn a load of industrial points so you can build units still.
etc

I would put this in as a selectable option so that people who wouldn't want that kind of random variable would be able to not have it. But to also exist so people who are perhaps on the losing end of a mp war would be encouraged to stay in the game and keep trying.

Clux -> RE: Suggestion For Late Game: Fate Point Spicyness (8/18/2020 2:08:20 PM)

Well, it would need a lot of balance, like losing 50% of your VP points after 5 turns, otherwise I see how people could exploit it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI