Admin points for destroyed units? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

CapAndGown -> Admin points for destroyed units? (8/23/2020 9:57:40 PM)

Section 18.1.3 of the 12.05 beta manual states:

Soviet on-map units destroyed after 10/41 will return as nearly empty reinforcements in 2 to 4 turns. Such units will keep their name, TOE, corps affiliation (in case of divisions), and component division names (in case of corps). Their morale, experience, and win/loss counters will be reset to default values. This process will cost APs (though lack of points will not prevent units from returning)

Is this only for voluntarily disbanded/merged units, or does it include units destroyed by the Germans? I would hate to think that I would lose APs because the Germans destroyed one of my divisions.

eskuche -> RE: Admin points for destroyed units? (8/23/2020 10:31:09 PM)

Both; this is why a most Soviet players will take AP down to 0 if there are any active pockets.

CapAndGown -> RE: Admin points for destroyed units? (8/24/2020 12:17:40 AM)

Well, bummer. [:(]

thedoctorking -> RE: Admin points for destroyed units? (8/24/2020 1:21:36 AM)

As a general rule, I take AP down to zero, even in later turns. You never know when a unit will get shattered in a German counterattack.

When you're merging, it takes the points right away, so make sure to do your merges after you have built all your air units, SU, done leader changes, etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI