Whats hte sense in tank combined units for soviets? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

homeboy5 -> Whats hte sense in tank combined units for soviets? (8/24/2020 2:12:58 PM)

I wanted to check campaign of 1942 scenario for soviet side just to see what type of units they can build in 1942.And i saw tank army HQ which only have 15 points space for units that you can attach.Is this a joke from developers?))because one corp unit eats 4 points so you can attach only 3 tank corps to such army.What the sense to even build it then?

Telemecus -> RE: Whats hte sense in tank combined units for soviets? (8/24/2020 3:52:19 PM)

I need to check the manual, but the Tank HQ does give ratings bonuses to tank units.

So the trade off is a smaller command limit for a buff to ratings.

SparkleyTits -> RE: Whats hte sense in tank combined units for soviets? (8/24/2020 3:55:25 PM)

Units under a tank army get +1 initiative
So works well if you have 3 tank corps and then 3 supporting brigades

homeboy5 -> RE: Whats hte sense in tank combined units for soviets? (8/24/2020 4:26:03 PM)

Not much trade off in +1 inititive.I think is better still create default army HQ to have 4 corps in one army because brigades are almost usuless.Btw ive seen so many AARs and no one for soviets trying to create mech waves(where you just creatig many tank corps and smash your enemy since germany have about 20 panzer divs only.

SparkleyTits -> RE: Whats hte sense in tank combined units for soviets? (8/24/2020 4:34:20 PM)

+1 initiative is a good boon for the Soviets, as it means they are more likely to have their units rolls for the full 50mp, or are going to be better as units on reserve, to counter Axis pushes
You can also put the later Soviets units such as engineers when the tank armies are on the offensive, for reserve activations to better support the mobile corps breakthroughs, if you do not like/need tank brigades

Yes, I think the main problem in that regard is trucks, tank and especially mech corps cost a hefty amount of trucks, so you can't just make them without planning and thought, unless you don't mind if you start having your units falling short of truck requirements

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI