Blocked Hex? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

purake -> Blocked Hex? (9/2/2020 4:42:17 PM)

Hi everyone,

I bought the game a while ago shortly after my steam post and I've learning so much since then despite the fact I'm yet to play a single turn.

My question is, Is it normal for Anchorage in Alaska to be inaccessible during turn 1? There are some ships there I'd like to move out but I cannot. I want to know whether this is normal and the port is frozen over or something or else my game has been corrupted?

[image]local://upfiles/73704/C24E7C2148D14D0E867B5D821CFA09EF.jpg[/image]

purake -> RE: Blocked Hex? (9/2/2020 5:40:17 PM)

Update: I have just reinstalled the base game, Anchorage is not frozen over! Seems there was an error with either Bellum Pacifica or RHS.

BBfanboy -> RE: Blocked Hex? (9/2/2020 6:20:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: purake

Hi everyone,

I bought the game a while ago shortly after my steam post and I've learning so much since then despite the fact I'm yet to play a single turn.

My question is, Is it normal for Anchorage in Alaska to be inaccessible during turn 1? There are some ships there I'd like to move out but I cannot. I want to know whether this is normal and the port is frozen over or something or else my game has been corrupted?

[image]local://upfiles/73704/C24E7C2148D14D0E867B5D821CFA09EF.jpg[/image]

Why do you think Anchorage is inaccessible? (I can't read that red text under Routing). If you have set historical start, the game probably will not let you mount the Minelaying TF until after the first turn is run - i.e. historically, there was no minelaying TF heading to DH on December 7th.

GetAssista -> RE: Blocked Hex? (9/2/2020 8:02:44 PM)

The most probable cause might be that OP installed the mod incorrectly, so the map data conflicted with the db data

Why would one install mods w/o playing an original game anyway?

Nomad -> RE: Blocked Hex? (9/2/2020 9:35:59 PM)

It would appear that he had RHS installed and it does include some pwhexe files that have ice blocked hexes in the North. Probably that.

purake -> RE: Blocked Hex? (9/3/2020 8:10:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

The most probable cause might be that OP installed the mod incorrectly, so the map data conflicted with the db data

Why would one install mods w/o playing an original game anyway?

This. I installed an ext version of the map before fully understanding what it is. The mods I want at the moment are mostly eye candy. Better looking map, unit patches, etc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

It would appear that he had RHS installed and it does include some pwhexe files that have ice blocked hexes in the North. Probably that.

True, Didn't even realize it was designed for PBEM. It sounded really cool, more realistic.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI