CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2

RBG -> CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/4/2020 8:01:23 AM)

Yesterday - after much soul searching bought the big CMSF2 bundle, over $100, can't wait to play over the weekend!

Today - received an email from Matrix/Slitherine Rewards informing me it's my 12 year anniversary and giving me a coupon code for 40% off!

AAAARGH!!!!

[:(]

HunterICX -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/4/2020 8:58:30 AM)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/QaykM7W.jpg[/img]

That's gotta have you made you slap your forehead [:D]
Well on the plus side you got a 'excuse' to get another game on matrix [;)]

wodin -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/4/2020 10:59:30 AM)

Shadow Empire then

jwarrenw13 -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/4/2020 4:28:37 PM)

Write a nice email to Matrix. Ask them if they can give you a break as a loyal customer. The probably won't, but worth a try. Maybe they will give you a coupon. Come on, Matrix, help RBG out! Otherwise Shadow Empire if you don't already have it.

jwarrenw13 -> Oops - double post. (9/4/2020 4:36:42 PM)

Oops.

OldSarge -> RE: Oops - double post. (9/4/2020 6:50:40 PM)

That sounds like my luck! If Matrix won't grant you get a retroactive discount for CMSF2, then, I can add to the others and suggest Shadow Empires, it is strangely addictive and a lot of fun.

RBG -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/5/2020 3:57:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwarrenw13

Write a nice email to Matrix. Ask them if they can give you a break as a loyal customer. The probably won't, but worth a try. Maybe they will give you a coupon. Come on, Matrix, help RBG out! Otherwise Shadow Empire if you don't already have it.

Good idea - email sent [;)]

RBG -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/9/2020 7:50:46 PM)

Here's an update for everyone......

I got an emphatic 'no' from Slitherine/Matrix.

I was thinking back and realised I have been a customer of theirs for something like 20 years.....my early purchases were of physical discs in the days before online accounts became 'a thing'.

To say I'm disappointed is somewhat of an understatement.

We all work hard for our money and this is....well, demoralising on top of everything else we're all dealing with at the moment.

And to be honest it's not even about the money, it's the principle here.

Well, loyalty is a two way street.

I shall certainly not be in a rush to spend a single cent further with this company or any of its sub-brands.

At the end of the day there are other games companies and indie developers out there who I feel would be more deserving of my support and have at least a basic grasp of what the words 'customer' and 'service' actually mean.

Signing off.

RBG

jwarrenw13 -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/10/2020 12:09:44 AM)

I have to disagree. When I suggested an email, I said they probably would not give you a break. I'm not surprised, and I don't think you should be surprised either. You do have a 40% off coupon if you want something else. As some of use said, Shadow Empire is great. I've had things like that happen before with other games, where I bought one and then it went on sale, or I got some kind of coupon. And not just with games. With other things, too. It is just the way business works.

t001001001 -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/14/2020 6:19:12 PM)

Do you buy groceries and then go back to market the next day and expect coupons to be honored retroactively? I doubt it, so why do that to MatrixGames?

wodin -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/14/2020 7:02:33 PM)

I agree I think you're being harsh.

CV60 -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/14/2020 8:15:26 PM)

With all due respect, your home page tells you when your anniversary is, so you know when you will be getting your coupon. You can check and plan your purchases based on that. It is a bit unfair to expect Matrix to take back a legitimate sale so they can sell it to you at a 40% discount. IMHO, you should buy another game(s) and be happy you are supporting a great company and game designers. Why be angry at Matrix for offering you 40% off?

wodin -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/18/2020 9:47:08 AM)

If you bought from Steam you could have asked for a refund if you hadn't played much

Steely Glint -> RE: CMSF2 Buyers' Remorse (9/24/2020 2:37:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: t001001001

Do you buy groceries and then go back to market the next day and expect coupons to be honored retroactively? I doubt it, so why do that to MatrixGames?

^^ This

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI