Novastar Game Company (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

MarkFroio -> Novastar Game Company (9/5/2020 2:11:53 PM)

In the mid 90's Novastar game company produced and sold a ton of Steel Panthers scenarios. I found the ones that I purchased along with the newsletters they sent out with the scenarios.

I was wondering if these scenarios made it on the the current SPWaW game. If so I can probably toss these floppy discs. If not, are they worth anything to anyone?

Like I said, they're on floppy discs and I have about 50 the discs along with a like amount of newsletters.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Novastar Game Company (9/6/2020 5:53:25 PM)

Term is "floppy disk". Disk refers to magnetic media while disc refers to optical one. It's written at least in Wikipedia.

I recall reading the scenarios can work in WinSPWW2 after some conversion process (game should come with it). To get the scenarios working in SPWAW, map needs to be converted from WinSPWW2, and rest of the scenario (units & their placements, objectives etc.) needs to be recreated from the scratch. Best to play with WinSPWW2.

I myself have few of the scenario floppies. I guess Novastar is the creator, though I'm not sure. What I'm sure though, is creator is Finnish, and disks I got are about Winter War (named Cold Will), SS Viking, and Stalingrad (campaign).

MarkFroio -> RE: Novastar Game Company (9/7/2020 1:39:43 PM)

Thanks for the education about disc vs disk. [8D]

I was just wondering if anyone wanted any of these items. Otherwise I'm going to toss them.

demyansk -> RE: Novastar Game Company (9/8/2020 12:36:11 AM)

Mark, don't toss that stuff, I am sure someone would want it. I have a bunch of 1990-91 newsletters as well including a bunch of Run 5 magazine. Are the items in 3.5"? I just started my 2004 computer running xp

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI