What do these do or indicate (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2

goodwoodrw -> What do these do or indicate (9/8/2020 5:13:54 AM)

The ones with the red scribble under them

[image]local://upfiles/15517/FDAF3BA2EDF7474FB9933709AE982644.jpg[/image]

ErissN6 -> RE: What do these do or indicate (9/8/2020 7:53:49 AM)

The middle big point under your blue arrow is to cancel all actions of the unit.

Joch1955 -> RE: What do these do or indicate (9/8/2020 11:46:04 AM)

Those are used when playing real time and you want to issue or stop an action. It is explained in the manual. I never use them because I only play WEGO.

varangy -> RE: What do these do or indicate (9/8/2020 11:59:20 AM)

From the Manual:

Instant Commands - allow one click change in unit behavior. The left button tells
the unit to HALT and retain its Commands. Clicking on the button again tells the
unit to RESUME. The middle button instructs the unit to CANCEL all its Com-
mands and to do nothing for the moment. The right button tells the unit to EVADE
by abandoning its current Commands, seeking immediate cover and perhaps
popping smoke. Although units can Evade on their own initiative, sometimes they
try too hard to stick to their Commands and need to be redirected without further
delay. Instant Commands work in both Real-Time and We-Go styles of play.

goodwoodrw -> RE: What do these do or indicate (9/8/2020 12:11:00 PM)

Me too, Explains why I didn't know after these years, thanks

A Canadian Cat -> RE: What do these do or indicate (10/19/2020 2:44:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joch1955

I never use them because I only play WEGO.

I am pretty sure they were added for RT play but I do use them in WEGO as well. Mostly the Pause and Evade. During orders I sometimes pause a unit when my coordination is off to let the rest of the plan catch up or I want to put the next phase on hold without deleting orders. Evade is nice for pinned units and now that you can move way points it is very useful.

MOS96B2P -> RE: What do these do or indicate (10/20/2020 2:48:31 PM)

Some more information on instant commands taken from the BFC forums. Original poster was womble.

Pause is a quick way of clearing an existing Pause (rather than having to press Pause upmteen times to cycle back to "none"), or putting an "indefinite" Pause on a unit that you don't want to continue on its way just yet, either at its current location, or at a future waypoint.
Delete is a quick way of deleting all of a unit's waypoints. Either because you decide to do something different with them in the order phase when you issued them, or later, once they've set out on their Journey.
Evade is useful because it forces even pinned troops to haul ass, and they do it with some urgency. It's particularly useful as you can move the waypoint that the TacAI assigns so that your troops go the way you want them to, rather than the way the TacAI thought they should.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI