Aberrant Objectives in the Editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

Rescue193 -> Aberrant Objectives in the Editor (9/19/2020 2:58:08 PM)

I’ve been re-jigging the old “Holland - A Bridge too Far” scenario which has included the removal and reassignment of some of the old Objectives and the placing of some new ones.

Mostly Evil Ed has played nicely but there are a few aberrant Objectives I simply cannot delete. They don’t appear on any Red or Blue Formation Objective path and I’ve set all their values to zero but the pesky little critters just won’t go away.

Fortunately they don’t show up on the Map when playing the scenario so it is a bit of a non-issue. But knowing they’re there is annoying. Does anyone have any bright ideas about how to eliminate the vexatious little flags?

Thanks.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor (9/19/2020 6:44:45 PM)

Of no help, but curious did you run a Dump to see if the coordinates come up somewhere in relation to something?

Rescue193 -> RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor (9/20/2020 5:14:36 PM)

Thanks for your response.

Yeah, I did try a Scenario Dump and it did identify a couple of errors, but basically they were things I'd missed or hadn't quite cleared-up as well as I thought I had.

I guess its just one of those good old TOAW oddities that make the game such fun!

Regards,

R193

Raindem -> RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor (9/22/2020 7:03:48 PM)

Double check that the values of deleted objectives actually are zero. If you remove a valued objective prior to resetting its value to zero, TOAW will remember the value and gets confused about displaying it. One way to check for this is to start a game and note the total number of objective points in the scenario briefing. Then manually go through all visible objectives on the map and count them up. If the totals don't match then you have a deleted objective somewhere that still has a value. To fix this, go back into the editor and re-plot the objective, zero the value, then delete it again.

If that doesn't help, then I'm not sure what else could be causing what you're seeing.

Rescue193 -> RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor (9/28/2020 5:45:22 AM)

Ah!

That sounds like it might well lie at the root of the problem.

Many thanks for the advice. I shall try it when I get a moment.

It sounds like an awful lot of tedious mucking about but given my, albeit limited, experience with Evil Ed I guess its about par for the course.

Regards,

R193

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI