Battleship Bretagne event bug (2 ships) ? [solved] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Dazo -> Battleship Bretagne event bug (2 ships) ? [solved] (9/23/2020 11:44:27 PM)

Not sure because it happened quickly at the end of my turn:

Playing Axis high tide campaign as Axis vs human player.
Attacked (DOW) Algeria (neutral) from Tunisia and captured Algiers.
At the end of the turn, the event saying axis forces captured battleship Bretagne kicks in and Germany receive a 10 steps unupgraded battleship in Algiers port.
Then it happened again and I received another battleship on a sea hex near Algiers' port.

I don't think that was intended so it seems that event is somehow "doubled".

Anyone had this before ?

BillRunacre -> RE: Battleship Bretagne event bug (2 ships) ? (9/24/2020 10:00:27 AM)

Hi Dazo

I've had a look in the scripts and that is very odd as although there are two events for the Bretagne, one should only fire if the other one doesn't.

Additionally, there are no other scripts for any naval units to arrive at 92,61.

Do you have a saved turn from just before this happened by any chance?

Dazo -> RE: Battleship Bretagne event bug (2 ships) ? (9/24/2020 7:44:26 PM)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the answer.
Sorry no saved turn but I'll try to replicate it in hotseat.
Got a turn back from the other player and the second ship I got (outside port) is actually the Bismarck, not a second Bretagne, weird [&:] .

See screenshot below:
[image]https://i.postimg.cc/XvLQS97c/1943-08-26.jpg[/image]

Dazo -> RE: Battleship Bretagne event bug (2 ships) ? (9/24/2020 8:19:20 PM)

Ok managed to replicate it in hotseat:
1) DOW/conquest of Tunisia
2) DOW/conquest of Vichy and Algeria
I get the Bretagne battleship plus the Bismarck battleship when the event kicks in.

Saved hotseat turn, after Tunisia capture, before Vichy/Algeria DOW:
Saved turn

The event is listed twice (2 messages) in the turn summary (L hotkey).
I suppose I get the Bismarck instead of another Bretagne because since the Bretagne is already used/on the map, engine selects by default next german battleship name on the list (also starts with B).

EDIT:

Same problem with the Jean Bart battleship event at Casablanca except the second unit was delayed by a turn.
So I got another 5 steps battleship there and it's the Grossdeuschtland...

BillRunacre -> RE: Battleship Bretagne event bug (2 ships) ? (9/25/2020 10:17:11 AM)

Thanks very much, I have found the issue with both ships.

The scripts are ok for the 1939 campaigns, but the 1943 campaigns didn't include a proper check to prevent this, but they will soon will. [:)]

I'll double check the 1942 campaigns just in case too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI