Today's forces (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Research

PongoDeMer -> Today's forces (10/12/2020 7:18:38 PM)

I suspect that this question has been asked elsewhere, so apologies in advance.

Are there any plans to release a 2020 DLC which will be updated every year with the latest developments in kit? CMO does this and so does Shrapnel's Steel Panthers MBT. I realise that you would probably have to limit this to a finite number of factions, but I believe that it would really pay off, particularly if you added a multi-player option.

At the moment, if I want to play with stuff like the British Ajax or The Russian T-14 Armata plus its derivatives, the only serious game to include them is currently Steel Panthers MBT. This remains an absolutely awesome game, however it is now pushing 20 years old. If an updatable game (say Armored Brigade 2021) was released, I am sure that it would take poll position.

Pongo de Mer

22sec -> RE: Today's forces (10/13/2020 12:47:11 PM)

I have started a current day database. It's really cool because you can do things like give an M1A2 the CITV. You simply add it as a weapon (no ammo). The Abram's CITV has a extremely power thermal viewer so I gave it a thermal with a range of 5,000m. Much as proven in real combat experience, it's a game changer in picking up the enemy forces. The legandary deadliness of the Javelin ATGM with Fire and Forget targeting is also fun to watch. Lastly, watching the 9M123 Khrizantema (AT-15) steak across the battlefield at over Mach 1 is, well just awesome. The two biggest obstacles, well three; time, the unit sprites, and some technology such as APS and drones. Drones can be roughly simulated using helicopters - especially if you fly them back and forth between their battle positions. Actually, couldn't you make it so helicopters (and drones) automatically flew back and forth between BP's???? I think APS is doable too. At the bare minimum somehow as a calculation in a shot's hit/miss calculation or maybe even as tracer engaging tracer?????

22sec -> RE: Today's forces (10/16/2020 12:09:10 PM)

Seeing things like this video only serve to increase my interest in current day combined arms combat. Hmmm.....

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=672735836708848

Veitikka -> RE: Today's forces (10/18/2020 6:04:17 PM)

We're planning to have the latest tech in the sequel.

22sec -> RE: Today's forces (10/19/2020 1:02:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know yet if there will be changes to maps in the sequel?

Veitikka -> RE: Today's forces (10/20/2020 6:25:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 22sec

quote:

Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know yet if there will be changes to maps in the sequel?

This is not clear yet. There have been plans for more varied buildings.

22sec -> RE: Today's forces (10/20/2020 6:53:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is not clear yet. There have been plans for more varied buildings.

Good. I hope that includes multiple story buildings.

Mr_Luxury_Yacht -> RE: Today's forces (10/21/2020 2:55:51 PM)

quote:

Is the start date going to be also changed or will 1965 still be the earliest date?

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: Today's forces (5/22/2021 7:58:14 PM)

quote:

Good. I hope that includes multiple story buildings.

Me too

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI