New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Cavalry Corp -> New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 8:31:52 AM)

I have just copied over the game to a new computer under Windows 10 from 8.1. Also have a new very widescreen. When trying to start the game it says suggested resolution 3440 1440
I put this into the start-up icon the game goes to the start screen with the red bar but then says fatal error 200.

Any help very welcome.

inqistor -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 8:56:00 AM)

Fatal error 200 is faulty installation. Just reinstall game.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 9:30:24 AM)

Thanks for your help on that. The problem is the new computer does not have a DVD... Nevermind I have just ordered an external one.

Also can I ask you another question?

If I save the art folder and just replace it to the one the game reinstalls will that be okay as that has all the maps and artwork of all the ships et cetera and planes that I use. Sorry to sound a bit naïve.

Also if I save the shortcut and replace the one the game installs, I assume that will also be okay.

I assume that I also have to patch the game to the latest version. I assume I can just use the last patch that came out and the additional beta one.

inqistor -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 9:45:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Thanks for your help on that. The problem is the new computer does not have a DVD... Nevermind I have just ordered an external one.

If you registered game at Matrix, you can get install file from WitPAE page. Just use the same CDKey. Those new laptops without drive are a PITA. I can't install half of my old games :/

quote:

If I save the art folder and just replace it to the one the game reinstalls will that be okay as that has all the maps and artwork of all the ships et cetera and planes that I use. Sorry to sound a bit naïve.

Also if I save the shortcut and replace the one the game installs, I assume that will also be okay.

Yeah, you can just copy old data over new installation. Just make sure to backup it, as new installation will overwrite some files. Probably safer to just copy command line, as 8 and 10 uses different path for user data.

quote:

I assume that I also have to patch the game to the latest version. I assume I can just use the last patch that came out and the additional beta one.

Yeah, that will suffice.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 10:18:34 AM)

I know I'm going to ask you a very stupid question now.... I have registered all my games but I cannot see any tab on the forums to get to my registered games, have they moved it or deleted it? I assume from their I can download the patches et cetera. I actually have the same issue with war in the West and war in the East.turning into a nightmare.

Sardaukar -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 11:05:58 AM)

quote:

I know I'm going to ask you a very stupid question now.... I have registered all my games but I cannot see any tab on the forums to get to my registered games, have they moved it or deleted it? I assume from their I can download the patches et cetera. I actually have the same issue with war in the West and war in the East.turning into a nightmare.

https://www.matrixgames.com/member/mypage -> downloads

Cavalry Corp -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 11:37:10 AM)

Thank you !!!

Cavalry Corp -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 11:54:50 AM)

I have now found I have three accounts ( somehow over the years) The one i have logged into the forum will not allow me to the downloads section - why is that - is there anyone to call in the UK to sort it out i have no idea how to merge them all and I do not know which one was used to log my games - I have 4 games WITW, WITE , AE and WW1

Slick91 -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 12:41:19 PM)

quote:

I have just copied over the game to a new computer under Windows 10 from 8.1. Also have a new very widescreen. When trying to start the game it says suggested resolution 3440 1440

Would love to know if you are able to run WITP in fullscreen at your monitor's native/highest resolution? I'm not able to on my LG 38" Ultrawide at 3840x1600. Game is fine but the map become distorted and torn.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 12:48:11 PM)

well yes that would be good - but at the moment I cannot even log into my account to get the patches...I am no tech either...

Cavalry Corp -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 12:51:08 PM)

The strange thing is a little window came up and suggest that config res. Seems like my first priority is to reinstall the game - we tried to copy but it did not work. Although I did do a copy install for RA variant which was o trouble - I had three in all. I guess its because its a different PC and windows 10?

BBfanboy -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/13/2020 6:07:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slick91

quote:

Would love to know if you are able to run WITP in fullscreen at your monitor's native/highest resolution? I'm not able to on my LG 38" Ultrawide at 3840x1600. Game is fine but the map become distorted and torn.

Search the Tech Forum - recently one of our members (Korvar) posted a thread on how to get the game to show full screen on Win 10.

EDIT: It is in the stickied section.

Slick91 -> RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 (10/14/2020 6:34:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Search the Tech Forum - recently one of our members (Korvar) posted a thread on how to get the game to show full screen on Win 10.

EDIT: It is in the stickied section.

DANG, I'm an idiot for missing that so THANKS!!!

I used those tools and found that my game screen become corrupted at >=3710 pxf resolution (<=3709 works great!). pyf = 1600 is fine and not causing the issue at all.

So, the native resolution for my monitor is 3840x1600 but I can only run the game with a max setting of 3709x1600...not too bad.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI