Installing MODS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> MODS and Scenarios

Birdw -> Installing MODS (10/22/2020 5:07:26 PM)

I play this game using Steam. So when I launch the game I do not get the C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\WarPlan created. I have the same issue with the SC games. Manually creating the folders and installing the mods in them doesn't resolve the problem either.

How do you install the mods in Steam installs?

ago1000 -> RE: Installing MODS (10/22/2020 6:18:43 PM)

I use steam and the campaign folder is as you mentioned under:

c:\users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Warplan\Campaigns\Europe 1939\mods go here for this scenario.

All modes need to placed in the Campaign subfolders for each campaign.
Where ever that is on your computer, that's where you need to place your mods.

Birdw -> RE: Installing MODS (10/22/2020 7:42:53 PM)

These folders are not created when I launch the game. Even when I manually create the folders and install the mods nothing happens. I wonder if it is because I have Steam installed on my D: drive and Users are by default on the C: drive?

ago1000 -> RE: Installing MODS (10/22/2020 7:54:11 PM)

Check on D drive inside your steam folder under D:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\warplan\...(see if campaign directory is there).
My assumption is that if the game starts and you can select a scenario then the folders had to be created somewhere. Just not sure where, Alvaro would know the alternate location. Use explorer and search for the Europe 1939 folder. I'm just hoping that it's not hidden on you.

Birdw -> RE: Installing MODS (10/23/2020 3:06:57 PM)

I checked under WarPlan in the Steam folder and there is no Campaign folder there either.

ago1000 -> RE: Installing MODS (10/23/2020 7:29:38 PM)

When I delete the folder, Warplan it creates a default one when I restart the game, which is empty but located in My Documents on C drive. I got this as a dialog box. That tells me I have no scenarios but I'm assuming you see those Scenarios like Europe 1939? I'm sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

[image]local://upfiles/13464/42DE724719D84FFC86AB3584756CF395.jpg[/image]

escorpion -> RE: Installing MODS (11/28/2020 4:58:56 PM)

I have put the mod in the game and it does not work, I have had to remove the game and when reinstalling the mod it does not work

escorpion -> RE: Installing MODS (11/28/2020 7:40:31 PM)

fixed upĦĦĦĦĦ

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Installing MODS (11/29/2020 2:14:14 PM)

I was just about to suggest uninstall, reinstall.

canuckgamer -> RE: Installing MODS (11/29/2020 8:00:31 PM)

I have the Matrix version and still can't figure out how to install a counter and map mod. I also still have the game installed on my old Win 7 PC where I do have a mod installed. From what I can see, Win 10 (my new PC) hides some of the files so I am unable to replace them with the mod files. I did a search and you can unhide them but am hesitant as I am a neophyte when it comes to computers. It would be nice if the mods were revised so that I could install them on my Win 10 computer install. Thanks.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Installing MODS (11/29/2020 8:26:10 PM)

No damage will come if you unhide folders and files. I believe they appear partially faded.

As for auto install..... The modders have to do it. My added scenarios are included in the install.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI