Cheating? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Hellsenstrat -> Cheating? (10/23/2020 5:40:59 PM)

So my opponent in my PBEM just sent me a combat replay 3 days ahead of the current day. Is there a way for this to happen without him cheating by using my password to play ahead? My PW is easy to find since I stream my games and there is video of my typing it in I was going on faith he wouldn't watch.

btd64 -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 5:51:04 PM)

You're not running 3 day turns, are you. Otherwise I would change the password and maybe start the turn over again....GP

Hellsenstrat -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 5:57:56 PM)

No one day turns and if he did I'm not continuing he knows everything about my dispositions and no trust left.

btd64 -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 6:07:01 PM)

Good point. Have you confronted your opponent about this yet....GP

btd64 -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 6:08:49 PM)

Honestly is a big thing with AE. I wouldn't want to play this guy....GP

Hellsenstrat -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 6:13:01 PM)

Not yet I'm asking more experienced people if there's a way for this to happen without him cheating on here :)

mind_messing -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 6:20:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hellsenstrat

So my opponent in my PBEM just sent me a combat replay 3 days ahead of the current day. Is there a way for this to happen without him cheating by using my password to play ahead? My PW is easy to find since I stream my games and there is video of my typing it in I was going on faith he wouldn't watch.

Is the combat replay from the same game as your current one? Easy enough to get games mixed up, especially if they're started at the same time.

Evoken -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 6:35:32 PM)

I was watching the turn. Same password and combat events match up to what it would roughly be in 3 days , i cant come up with a different conclusion other than cheating

RangerJoe -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 7:11:10 PM)

Is this a person who is trusted here when posting? Or is it someone else?

Hellsenstrat -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 7:15:20 PM)

I don't know if he has a presence on these forums I got the game because we both stream on twitch and I wanted people to be able to watch the game from both sides.

BBfanboy -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 7:30:38 PM)

Unfortunately there are people out there who think that your unintentional slip of op security is fair game for exploiting. In a game that can take three years to play, and with a finite number of potential opponents (compared to the usual online games), such an exploit is unforgiveable.

Just in case there is some other explanation, ask him about the advanced game date and see what he replies. Don't accuse about the password and cheating until he replies or refuses to.

Psaeko -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 7:41:42 PM)

Just my 2 cents, but if as you say the password is visible on your stream and you suspect he's used that to gain unfair information and skipping turns, then just call him out on it and find someone to play against that does respect you and your time. I'm currently going through my first PBEM only having done in-house campaigns before and it's against a veteran from the forums here who was willing to play against me, maybe you can ask around and do the same.

Q-Ball -> RE: Cheating? (10/23/2020 9:58:43 PM)

There is no way for this to happen if it's from the same game. He's cheating. Consider yourself lucky that you found out via that type of error!

But make sure it's actually your game with him, and not a different one

Lowpe -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 12:43:29 AM)

I wouldn't rush to judgement on cheating...since you are both streaming, I think something else is in play. Wrong game comes to mind right away. I believe Qball is correct, if it is the same game, and you are on 1 day turns it is not possible.

I also wouldn't stream my password.[:)]

So you know I have gotten turns up to 3 years ahead of my current game date. We simply sent the wrong save file accidentally.[sm=00000280.gif]

geofflambert -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 12:47:11 AM)

I haven't thought this through, but is it possible he's doing a simultaneous playtest so he can look ahead at what might happen, have gotten them confused, enough so that his playtest acquired his opponent's pw?

geofflambert -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 12:49:39 AM)

Hellsenstrat, are you sure it asked you for a password or might you have just started it up and didn't notice it didn't ask?

Evoken -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 1:28:29 AM)

I was watching the stream , it wasnt a wrong save issue. Password and events matched it was just 3 days ahead of the game , i am %99 sure its cheating at this point. Because i got both players passwords and tested around to get an ahead replay , it just didnt happen

Alfred -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 2:40:11 AM)

You are all forgetting that the Japanese player can change the turn cycle at any point. That isn't cheating.

Alfred

GetAssista -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 8:23:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred
You are all forgetting that the Japanese player can change the turn cycle at any point. That isn't cheating.

Do you mean that Japanese player can change the turn cycle from 1 day a turn to 3 days, look on the results and then somehow continue the usual 1 day a turn game? That would be a serious breach in the design. Switch to a 3 days a turn is possible but that happens for both sides and clearly here the Allied side is not aware of the switch nor discussed it

BBfanboy -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 10:23:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Do you mean that Japanese player can change the turn cycle from 1 day a turn to 3 days, look on the results and then somehow continue the usual 1 day a turn game? That would be a serious breach in the design. Switch to a 3 days a turn is possible but that happens for both sides and clearly here the Allied side is not aware of the switch nor discussed it

They are both newbies and might not realize the consequences of playing with settings. Best to let them discuss what is going on.

Pentakomo -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 11:07:10 AM)

If you run ally side combat replay which ask your password then he cheating.

Admiral DadMan -> RE: Cheating? (10/24/2020 2:46:57 PM)

This thread has served its purpose.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI