Simple steps in the Editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding

edward77 -> Simple steps in the Editor (10/25/2020 12:24:36 PM)

Cannot find any threads on simple steps in the WiE editor. Could someone kindly explain how to add, edit strengths and remove units in a custom scenario.

BillRunacre -> RE: Simple steps in the Editor (10/26/2020 11:49:14 AM)

You will need to have the Unit Layer selected, and the Select button too. Both of these are in the second row in the Editor, as per section 2.9. Menu Buttons - Second Row in the Manual.

Then right click on the unit, select Properties, and you can amend any units on the map.

With the Draw tool selected you can add units.

edward77 -> RE: Simple steps in the Editor (10/26/2020 12:25:21 PM)

Thank you Bill for that. Given the existing limited number there is a need to develop more scenarios for both games. Currently there does not seem to be much activity with the editor which appears to be more complex, 8 layers?, than that of the typical wargame. The manual is more generic in nature with few simple examples. I think we need some simple tutorials for the editor to get designers going.

pzrshrek -> RE: Simple steps in the Editor (2/10/2021 11:30:48 AM)

Hi!

I can't for the love of god change the experience or strength on any unit! It simply does not 'save' when i exit the properties edit of any unit! (i can add technology levels though, but not unit strength nor experience)

I tried to save an default scenario to an different name, then check that it is not write protected, but still i cannot do it. What is wrong?

BillRunacre -> RE: Simple steps in the Editor (2/10/2021 12:24:51 PM)

Hi

The only thing I can think is that after editing them you need to press OK in the bottom right.

Strength can only increase beyond 10 if the unit is given experience (1 point per extra strength point).

Other than that I'm not sure, as if you can add technology you should be able to amend the other things too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI