Unable to start a new game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Gnack -> Unable to start a new game (11/11/2020 1:19:10 AM)

I am guessing I did something stupid, but I am stumped, so thought I would ask here.

Downloaded and installed game.
Downloaded Beta patch from here and installed.
Downloaded SeaBee (which is awesome!) and used to create a shortcut that points to Beta2

Started game from the shortcut and everything loads fine, but on the initial pick opponent menu there is no option to start a new game. There is only load a save game, of which it shows no saves available. Otherwise I can operate all other toggles.

Appreciate any help or ideas. I have been following AAR thread for years and am finally focused on getting this loaded and working

Chris21wen -> RE: Unable to start a new game (11/11/2020 5:40:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gnack

I am guessing I did something stupid, but I am stumped, so thought I would ask here.

Downloaded and installed game.
Downloaded Beta patch from here and installed.
Downloaded SeaBee (which is awesome!) and used to create a shortcut that points to Beta2

Started game from the shortcut and everything loads fine, but on the initial pick opponent menu there is no option to start a new game. There is only load a save game, of which it shows no saves available. Otherwise I can operate all other toggles.

Appreciate any help or ideas. I have been following AAR thread for years and am finally focused on getting this loaded and working

You mean some od this is missing? Note picture is worth a thousand words.

[image]local://upfiles/5388/FD232402352F4BDAA3D1E3209B515ADD.jpg[/image]

Alfred -> RE: Unable to start a new game (11/11/2020 7:22:33 AM)

You have to select a scenario first in order to get the option to start a new game.

Alfred

Gnack -> RE: Unable to start a new game (11/11/2020 2:57:47 PM)

Now I feel really silly but thank you for the response. Indeed scenario selection first was the answer. sorry for the silly question.

I do want to thank those who made the Beta and the SeaBee app. Great stuff and very helpful

Nomad -> RE: Unable to start a new game (11/11/2020 4:08:01 PM)

Reading section 2.7 of the manual would really have helped you.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI