How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Slick91 -> How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? (11/12/2020 1:01:12 PM)

I've tried every Google tip out there but I can't figure out how I can get rid of that annoying UAC shield on my desktop icons:

I've lowered the UAC level to nothing. Checked the "run as admin" boxes. Created new icons. Uninstalled/reinstalled the applications. Zip...zero...nada...the shield is always present.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck or knows the right steps to make that disappear?

OS = Windows 10 Home (20H2)

[image]local://upfiles/8260/615872219DBD4C818F85F37C39B193A0.jpg[/image]

zakblood -> RE: How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? (11/21/2020 7:33:33 PM)

quote:

To make changes to the User Account Control Settings complete the following steps:
Press the Windows key + C.
Select Search.
Type UAC.
Select Settings.
Select the UAC tile.
Use the slider to adjust the UAC settings.

should work as long as your running a admin account and have installed the game as admin, right click install and run as admin

https://www.intowindows.com/remove-yellow-blue-shield-from-shortcut-icons-on-desktop-in-windows-10/

Slick91 -> RE: How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? (11/27/2020 9:23:52 PM)

I don't have any issues running the game. I'd like to get rid of the displayed shield overlaid on the game's icon. I know this is more of a Windows thing. But, some Matrix game menu icons have it while other games don't. [&:]

Protonic2020 -> RE: How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? (12/8/2020 1:28:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slick91

I don't have any issues running the game. I'd like to get rid of the displayed shield overlaid on the game's icon. I know this is more of a Windows thing. But, some Matrix game menu icons have it while other games don't. [&:]

Right click the file and chose to change the icon, "switch icon" there or what it says, i have a Swedish OS.
If no icon is there to your liking proceed to put one there wherever Windows keeps them and take it from there.
Don´t feel like giving it a go to fully see if it works until completed so i leave that for you to work it out, i could help further but for now i just say this.

Edit: It may be "chose icon" and then (bläddra), "browse" in English? Then it´s a matter of just pointing to one on your hard drive, i realize it may apply that shield still so it may very well be more troublesome to get rid of that shield on your icon.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI