The movement points bug in the MC (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tommy -> The movement points bug in the MC (7/7/2001 7:01:00 AM)

WB & the Matrix crew, I need to talk about the bug mentioned a few days ago; in the MC - when you reload a saved game, everyone has their full movement points. Even those units who moved fully prior to the save. First, I am not one of the guys who can play for hours and knock off a scenario in one sitting. I've got a family and I string together 10 or 20 minute sessions to complete a scenario. I always have to save and exit between sessions since I'm not the only one who uses this PC. I am going crazy trying to remember who already moved and should not "move twice" from one session to the next. This is really wrecking the Mega Campaign. I've got ver 6.0 loaded and it still happens. I'm about ready to give up on the MC, Bill. I don't want to, I've been waiting for ever for it. But I just can't play it this way. Can this bug really be that hard to squash? Tommy

Paul Vebber -> (7/7/2001 7:12:00 AM)

If you save at the end of a turn then you don't have to worry about it. The intent was for the game to be savable at turns end, not in the middle. You don't have to play the whole scenario in one sitting, just one turn.

Mockingbird -> (7/7/2001 7:59:00 AM)

Paul, wouldn't it be better to same at the beginning of the next turn (players movement phase), before you move any of your units. Otherwise you might find yourself replaying the same turn before you remember that "it's the end of my turn, not the start, and I was suppose to pass the play to the computer". This is because all of units have movement the next time you play. This is espically true if it's been a few days since you last played. Waiting for the offboard artillery and the computer's turn to save, is not always practical, not to mention the situtation where you are moving alot of troops and you need to "yield the computer" for another use, or if you just want to pause your movement halfway though your movement phase, because you need to get some sleep or you really need to think about the situation for a day or so before committing the remainder of your units. I for one, hope that MATRIX will change this to work like a regular SPWaW campaign (i.e., allowing us to save whenever it is convient for us).

Tommy -> (7/8/2001 2:18:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: You don't have to play the whole scenario in one sitting, just one turn.
I hear you Paul, but it's a lucky day for me when I can knock off a turn in just one session. Tommy

volz423 -> (7/8/2001 7:15:00 AM)

While I do agree somewhat with Tommy, I feel the game is ok with this flaw. Don't get me wrong I would rather have the old method of saving whenever I like without having to exit and re-enter, but for now I just don't save until after I totally finish my moves, so that I don't have to remember who moved. I too have a problem playing for very long, my 4wk old baby son just can't seem to understand time to well (who would've thought they ate soo much?). :p

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI