Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

RyanCrierie -> Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/19/2020 9:25:28 PM)

Currently, as it is, this is the model design process:

[image]local://upfiles/18450/17D53535C5D8402F8CEF312F900ADFEF.gif[/image]

It is remarkably opaque and offers little information as to how something would perform.

Generally, during the design process in the real world, you have a good idea of estimated performance, due to things like knowing the HP/ton ratio, etc.

In Shadow Empires, we have to make guesses and see how it turns out.

RyanCrierie -> RE: Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/19/2020 9:29:29 PM)

My suggestion is to combine the model report screen and all three model design screens like this mockup:

[image]local://upfiles/18450/1812ED0503E542189D5C090FA0317D04.gif[/image]

And make it interactive, so you can change the picture of the model, the name, and see what effect your design choices will have on the final model in terms of attack points and such, along with how powerful the engine is considered for the weight it has to move.

Another Suggestion

As it is, you don't really research a lot for this phase of technology in Shadow Empires, currently.

In the real world, there's a big difference in rolling armor plate 5mm/25mm/50mm/100mm thick, for example.

New materials/processes and rolling mills have to be invented. Same thing with engines and guns.

As it is, you can immediately jump forward from militia buggies to something thematically similar to a M41 Walker Bulldog light tank, if you so desired.

Maerchen -> RE: Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/19/2020 9:44:20 PM)

I support this suggestion. It also needs the former model key info in the design screen, like overall quality and such. When I design a new model, I always have to go back to the model overview to click and get that info. Would be nice QoL if that would be shown in the design step.

RyanCrierie -> RE: Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/19/2020 10:36:18 PM)

I just realized you'd have to add more fields to my suggested build screen to show unit weight, cost (metals, manpower, etc) but it's a good start

Soar_Slitherine -> RE: Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/19/2020 11:59:33 PM)

Yep, something definitely needs to be done about this UI. With ground units, it was tolerable since those are relatively simple, but with aircraft it fails badly at conveying information relevant to the design process to someone not already intimately familiar with the air mechanics, and having to re-pick every component every time I want to see how changing something affects the design prognosis is very annoying.

Daza99 -> RE: Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/23/2020 6:02:46 AM)

+1 for these suggestions

gmsitton -> RE: Improving the Model Design Screen(s) (11/24/2020 3:51:14 AM)

Single screen with three sections. Each section has radio buttons for the selection?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI