Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

RyanCrierie -> Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 2:58:35 AM)

Currently, All we're allowed to do is upgrade units upwards, i.e. an independent battalion becomes an independent regiment and so on.

But there's no option to take, say, an artillery unit and upgrade it to either be motorized, mechanized, or self propelled.

Same thing with infantry. No option to take the "1st Independent Infantry Regiment" and upgrade it to be a motorized regiment.

At least, that I know of.

mkemper31 -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 5:47:59 AM)

You actually can upgrade certain OOBs to certain others. For example, a light infantry brigade can become a MG brigade, and an MG brigade can become a heavy MG brigade or a grenadier brigade; basically, there are certain 'adjacencies' that allow you to change OOBs to similar ones in one step. To get to a more different one you need to do it over multiple steps, but all those steps can be done in a single turn, effectively making it a single step.

Twotribes -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 1:36:39 PM)

Artillery is not in a OHQ so can not be upgraded I believe.

RyanCrierie -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 2:24:56 PM)

Then how do I modify my Motorized MG Infantry Corps to a Mechanized MG Infantry Corps?

I can only go upwards to Motorized MG Infantry Army. I am using v1.05 stock if that helps

Akrakorn -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 3:36:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

Then how do I modify my Motorized MG Infantry Corps to a Mechanized MG Infantry Corps?

I can only go upwards to Motorized MG Infantry Army. I am using v1.05 stock if that helps

Upgrade your MG Infantry Corps to Motorized, then upgrade them to Mechanized. You should be able to do this in the same turn.

Twotribes -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 3:40:35 PM)

Sometimes I forget which trees it is you have to down grade to get to another line.

RyanCrierie -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 4:03:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akrakorn
Upgrade your MG Infantry Corps to Motorized, then upgrade them to Mechanized. You should be able to do this in the same turn.

But it's already a motorized MG Infantry corps!

Akrakorn -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 4:46:16 PM)

quote:

But it's already a motorized MG Infantry corps!

Then you should be able to upgrade it to mechanized. Do you have the OOB unlocked?

RyanCrierie -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 5:09:27 PM)

Yes, the OOB says "Operational"

Akrakorn -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/22/2020 5:35:28 PM)

quote:

I'm trying it in singleplayer, and I am able to upgrade an MG Infantry to Mechanized MG Infantry (I don't have the motorized version). Maybe you can't upgrade from Motorized to Mechanized? Try downgrading it to MG Infantry, then upgrading it directly to Mechanized to see if it works.

gmsitton -> RE: Option to Upgrade/Refit a Unit to a new OOB (11/23/2020 12:46:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akrakorn

quote:

I'm trying it in singleplayer, and I am able to upgrade an MG Infantry to Mechanized MG Infantry (I don't have the motorized version). Maybe you can't upgrade from Motorized to Mechanized? Try downgrading it to MG Infantry, then upgrading it directly to Mechanized to see if it works.

I can't cite a specific example, but in the cases I've run into where I can't upgrade, I've been able to downgrade to the base OOB, then upgrade to the desired OOB.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI