Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Wannabe -> Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/22/2020 8:48:34 PM)

I am trying to relearn editing (which I dabbled in back with COW) by playing with a scenario that came with the game. (I don't know if it is different creating a new scenario versus editing a preexisting one.) I want to edit night proficiency, precision weapons level and electronic support, but I can't find them.

Page 113 of the Manual states: "Upon opening the Force Editor the following are added to the Edit Menu...." When I open the Forces editor, I get the standard left side unit compositon/ right side list of equipment and nowhere can I find a way to access that submenu.

I can find that anywhere in the actual game editor. Please help!

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/22/2020 8:55:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wannabe

I am trying to relearn editing (which I dabbled in back with COW) by playing with a scenario that came with the game. (I don't know if it is different creating a new scenario versus editing a preexisting one.) I want to edit night proficiency, precision weapons level and electronic support, but I can't find them.

Page 113 of the Manual states: "Upon opening the Force Editor the following are added to the Edit Menu...." When I open the Forces editor, I get the standard left side unit compositon/ right side list of equipment and nowhere can I find a way to access that submenu.

I can find that anywhere in the actual game editor. Please help!

The Edit Menu.

Wannabe -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/22/2020 8:59:55 PM)

Yep, that is where I looked and got the result I mentioned. Nothing that resembles (to me) the submenu is in sight.

Zovs -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/22/2020 10:08:55 PM)

You have to select Deployment menu item, and reopen the menu and you’ll find all these options available.

Lobster -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/22/2020 10:18:50 PM)

quote:

Yep, that is where I looked and got the result I mentioned. Nothing that resembles (to me) the submenu is in sight.

Without the Force Editor open:

[image]local://upfiles/45799/9D89FAF194CC4D989C814C404AFCA3B6.jpg[/image]

Lobster -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/22/2020 10:19:24 PM)

quote:

With the Force Editor open:

[image]local://upfiles/45799/376BF1372BEC481281F0876702020C42.jpg[/image]

Wannabe -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 12:45:08 AM)

Thank you very much for your help, but this is what I am seeing.

[image]local://upfiles/11991/F642A4A4A8A442FF8F58E8983A2DA69E.jpg[/image]

Lobster -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 1:59:11 AM)

So what's the problem? That has the sub menu items.

Have you applied the .40 patch?

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 2:16:26 AM)

quote:

You have to invoke the Force Editor. Then pull down the Edit Menu.

Lobster -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 12:04:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

You have to invoke the Force Editor. Then pull down the Edit Menu.

It's obvious he already has. That's why he has the sub menu options. I guess he was expecting to see something different. What puzzles me is why he has items that should not be on that menu like calendar. I went back as far as 4.0.2.0 and did not see that on any versions. Maybe he edited the edit menu.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 1:53:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

It's obvious he already has. That's why he has the sub menu options. I guess he was expecting to see something different. What puzzles me is why he has items that should not be on that menu like calendar. I went back as far as 4.0.2.0 and did not see that on any versions. Maybe he edited the edit menu.

No. What he is seeing is what the Edit Menu shows when the designer is in Deployment Mode. If he had the Force Editor invoked, it would be visible in the background, like in your post #6.

Wannabe -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 3:12:20 PM)

I think I got it, thanks! Let's see how much damage I can do to myself. It turns out, all I had to do was:
1. Select EDIT, then select DEPLOYMENT, then
2. Select EDIT, then select FORCES, then
3. Select EDIT a third time, and there it is!

I don't know how I missed that....

Seriously, thanks, all.

Lobster -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 4:59:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

No. What he is seeing is what the Edit Menu shows when the designer is in Deployment Mode. If he had the Force Editor invoked, it would be visible in the background, like in your post #6.

It is only visible in the background of my screen shot because I minimized the TOAW window so the Force Editor and the menu would appear together. If you don't minimize the window the Force Editor is in the middle of the full screen and the editor menu is off to the upper left. That makes the screen shot much larger than is needed. The OP does have the force editor opened but it is off to the right and down, in the middle of the full window. [;)]

Of course there's always the chance we are both half wrong and half right. [:D]

Lobster -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 5:00:49 PM)

quote:

I think I got it, thanks! Let's see how much damage I can do to myself. It turns out, all I had to do was:

Seriously, thanks, all.

It's not like things are always spelled out for you. The manual leaves out detail sometimes. [;)]

As long as you got to where you need to be.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Force Editor Sub-Menu: where is it? (11/23/2020 6:34:00 PM)

quote:

Seriously, thanks, all.

Step 1 is not necessary.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI