is there a Startagem to "create" population? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Dampfnudel -> is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 9:54:15 AM)

is there a Stratagem to "create" population?

I know of "stratagems" to get free folk to join. But as far as I know, that requires free folk.

Is there a stratagem to make pops out of thin air and pp?

bvoid -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 10:05:02 AM)

You can get a cloning factory artifact, also there is a "boom town" strategem that spawns pops.

Maerchen -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 10:06:28 AM)

Cloning factory, an artifact that can be installed in each city once. Gives you 900 pop a turn. It is a rare find, though, and depending on your planets history you may never find one.

Dampfnudel -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 10:49:41 AM)

I know of boom town and cloning factory. But both are pure luck.
Boom town is one FP for like 5k POP, cloning gave 1k per turn for me.

Havign a slave tarder allows to buy 2k per pop per turn for 600$ but you lose 100 per turn too. But also depends on luck.

Destragon -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 12:14:12 PM)

Does boom town actually create population? I thought it just made people relocate.

mroyer -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 12:21:11 PM)

quote:

Does boom town actually create population? I thought it just made people relocate.

Yes, that was my question too. I would have the same question about slavers - does that actually create or just relocate population.

I was under the impression that, besides the normal birth rate and cloning, there is a "conservation of population" for a world.

-Mark R.

GazBot -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 6:32:03 PM)

Hey Mark,

in our previous game I was buying slaves every second turn. In terms of my empire it was always a net boost, hence I kept doing it. But no idea if its actually removing pop from another players regime.

Im guessing not though, otherwise you would expect it to show up as lost population to slavers - which I certainly have seen before as events when the slaver minors raid your towns - but Im guessing you guys never saw this when I was playing it every second turn.

The same goes for boom town = Im sure this is new population as well....It always seems to lead to an overall population increase. I did have a quick chk around all my cities (not thorough) and fairly sure it wasnt coming out of the freefolk but this would need testing.

I know for the previous game with the slavers it wasn't coming out of my regimes freefolk as they had all been urbanised....

mroyer -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/5/2020 7:19:42 PM)

quote:

in our previous game I was buying slaves every second turn. In terms of my empire it was always a net boost, hence I kept doing it. But no idea if its actually removing pop from another players regime.

Im guessing not though, otherwise you would expect it to show up as lost population to slavers - which I certainly have seen before as events when the slaver minors raid your towns - but Im guessing you guys never saw this when I was playing it every second turn.

If I recall correctly (and I'm not confusing with another game), there was a slaver regime between our two nations in the jungles. They kept raiding Regina and snagging population until I finally ended it by wiping them out - the region eventually became West Regina. But, that was only early in the game and certainly not every other turn. Maybe four or five times total, iirc.

I like to believe that the behind-the-scenes models in games like this are consistent and as realistic as reasonable - so I'll be disappointed (only a teeny bit) if we find out people and other economic comodities materialize from thin air.

-Mark R.

GazBot -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/7/2020 6:01:47 AM)

Yep I remeber the salvers as well, we where essentially racing to knock them out. They where taken out well before I started playing around with the salvers market and boom town so I know they are unrelated.

You have about a 2-4% natural pop growth per turn and cloning factories so the extra population being drummed up by boom town and slaver trading is I think fairly small in comparison...

On a semi related question I wonder what happens to enenmy troops who surrender??? Are they conunted as destroyed or do they disperse to the freefolk??? Sometimes you can end up surrounding and forcing the surrender of thousands of troops at a time - so Im curios as to what happens to them???

eheiser -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/8/2020 1:39:34 AM)

Yea Gaz. I didn't notice any increase in population when capturing troops. I was concerned when Regina crashed that I would run out of food, but that didn't happen either.

Saros -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/8/2020 11:04:49 AM)

Surrendered troops disappear. Imo thats a bit of an oversight and some % should filter back into free folk over time.

mroyer -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/8/2020 12:04:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

Surrendered troops disappear. Imo thats a bit of an oversight and some % should filter back into free folk over time.

And/or a portion end up in prison camps consuming food bringing eheiser's fears to bear.
That quickly goes to a slippery moral gaming slope, however. Would there be a strategem to starve the prisoners? Do certain national profiles get this strategem more readily?

-Mark R.

eheiser -> RE: is there a Startagem to "create" population? (12/8/2020 2:13:22 PM)

Interesting:

Send the prisoners to the gulag to starve? +autocracy, +fist
Send the prisoners to work camps? +government, +enforcement
Exchange prisoners? +heart

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI